ASIA/HOLY LAND - On Sunday the prayer for peace in Holy Land in three thousand cities around the world
Rome (Agenzia Fides) – On Sunday, January 27, three thousand cities around the world will pray for peace in Holy Land in the context of the Fifth International Day of intercession, promoted in 2009 by some Catholic youth groups. For years, "the people of Peace" make the invitation of the Holy Father Benedict XVI theirs, who continues to encourage the efforts of those who are working for peace. The Pope encourages "to take bold decisions in favor of peace and put an end to a conflict with negative repercussions throughout the Middle Eastern region, troubled by too many fights and in need of peace and reconciliation." The International Day of Intercession for Peace in Holy Land, according to the organizers, "has become over the yearsa sign and inspiration for those who really want to grow this strong desire that in Jesus’ land peace and justice reign, which may be a sign of unity and growth throughout the world." To join the Day send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org communicating the city, the name of the church and the time of the celebration. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2013)
- 2015-02-26 - Arson attack against the Orthodox Theological Seminary in Jerusalem
- 2015-02-12 - Palestinian Mayors: the Wall in the Cremisan Valley will suffocate the presence of Christians
- 2015-01-14 - The Bishops' Holy Land Coordination visit the Cremisan Valley
- 2015-01-12 - International Delegation of Bishops visit Gaza; for Archbishop Fontana "a devastated situation"
- 2015-01-07 - International Delegation of Bishops to visit Gaza
- 2014-12-22 - Patriarch Twal visits Gaza: "today for many refugee children it would be a luxury to live in the grotto where Jesus was born"
- 2014-12-18 - Christmas Message of His Beatitude Patriarch Twal: tragedies and hopes of a difficult year
- 2014-12-02 - Cremisan case: Palestinian mayors and Catholic organizations reject the alternatives proposed by the Israeli government
- 2014-11-21 - Children without citizenship: the question of Palestinian children not registered reopens
- 2014-11-20 - Thousands of children from Gaza are disabled because of wars