ASIA/CHINA - Year of Faith: each parishioner donates two copies of the Bible per month for evangelization
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - Every parishioner's commitment is to donate two copies of the Bible per month during the Year of Faith, to be destined to non-Christians: is the initiative of the parish of the Miraculous Medal (called the church of the west of the city) of Beijing, to live the Year of Faith. According to information collected by Fides Agency, during the night of Christmas, the first 700 copies of the Bible donated by parishioners, already reached the hands of the recipients, along with the parish bulletin on evangelization and other missionary material. The answer has already arrived: many of them have enrolled in the catechism course.
The gift of the Bible to non-Christians is part of the parochial initiatives that will last throughout the Year of Faith. The parish has also organized the concert, "Light of Faith" for the promotion of vocations for the first hundred days of the Year of Faith. After two hundred days, around Easter, the main theme will be the promotion of the consecrated life of the Sisters. The third appointment will cover the life of the parish, and we would like to celebrate it in collaboration with other parishes."
The parish was built in 1723 by Fr. Teodoricus Pedrini (1670-1746), a Vincentian missionary, and dedicated to the Miraculous Medal, which is celebrated on July 16. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 21/01/2013)
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
- 2014-02-19 - Formation: priority commitment of the Catholic community for the new year
- 2014-02-12 - 2014 "Year of the Gospel" in the parish of Xi Liu Lin
- 2014-01-30 - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
- 2014-01-28 - 25 years of priesthood for some of the first priests ordained after the Cultural Revolution