ASIA/CHINA - Year of Faith: each parishioner donates two copies of the Bible per month for evangelization
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - Every parishioner's commitment is to donate two copies of the Bible per month during the Year of Faith, to be destined to non-Christians: is the initiative of the parish of the Miraculous Medal (called the church of the west of the city) of Beijing, to live the Year of Faith. According to information collected by Fides Agency, during the night of Christmas, the first 700 copies of the Bible donated by parishioners, already reached the hands of the recipients, along with the parish bulletin on evangelization and other missionary material. The answer has already arrived: many of them have enrolled in the catechism course.
The gift of the Bible to non-Christians is part of the parochial initiatives that will last throughout the Year of Faith. The parish has also organized the concert, "Light of Faith" for the promotion of vocations for the first hundred days of the Year of Faith. After two hundred days, around Easter, the main theme will be the promotion of the consecrated life of the Sisters. The third appointment will cover the life of the parish, and we would like to celebrate it in collaboration with other parishes."
The parish was built in 1723 by Fr. Teodoricus Pedrini (1670-1746), a Vincentian missionary, and dedicated to the Miraculous Medal, which is celebrated on July 16. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 21/01/2013)
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations