ASIA/CHINA - Year of Faith: each parishioner donates two copies of the Bible per month for evangelization
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - Every parishioner's commitment is to donate two copies of the Bible per month during the Year of Faith, to be destined to non-Christians: is the initiative of the parish of the Miraculous Medal (called the church of the west of the city) of Beijing, to live the Year of Faith. According to information collected by Fides Agency, during the night of Christmas, the first 700 copies of the Bible donated by parishioners, already reached the hands of the recipients, along with the parish bulletin on evangelization and other missionary material. The answer has already arrived: many of them have enrolled in the catechism course.
The gift of the Bible to non-Christians is part of the parochial initiatives that will last throughout the Year of Faith. The parish has also organized the concert, "Light of Faith" for the promotion of vocations for the first hundred days of the Year of Faith. After two hundred days, around Easter, the main theme will be the promotion of the consecrated life of the Sisters. The third appointment will cover the life of the parish, and we would like to celebrate it in collaboration with other parishes."
The parish was built in 1723 by Fr. Teodoricus Pedrini (1670-1746), a Vincentian missionary, and dedicated to the Miraculous Medal, which is celebrated on July 16. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 21/01/2013)
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent