ASIA/HONG KONG - The commitment of young people in Hong Kong for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Hong Kong (Agenzia Fides) - Thirty young Christians in Hong Kong (Catholics, Anglicans, Pentecostals and of other Christian denominations), between 18 and 35 years of age, met in view of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, to reflect and pray together on the theme "Towards a new solidarity and communion." As reported by Kung Kao Po, the weekly newsletter of the Diocese of Hong Kong, this meeting was sponsored by the Commission of Youth Ministry in Hong Kong and was held from 11 to 13 January, "not only to exchange experiences, to pray together and listen to spiritual direction, but also as a test of unity: attention toards the weaker sections of the society show our unity," said the Catholic organizer. In fact, in the three-day meeting, the young Christians visited the prison together in Hong Kong, the convent of the Maryknoll missionaries, an Anglican college with 110 years of history, the monastery of the Discalced Carmelites, "to get to know the contribution of the different Christian communities to hongkongese society ".
To celebrate the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, from January 18 to 25, on the theme "What does God require of us" (cf. Mt 6, 6-8), the Primate of the Anglican Church of Hong Kong will preside a meeting for the unity of Christians in the Roman Catholic Church of St. Jude, on Saturday, January 19. Since 2010, the Commission of Youth Ministry in Hong Kong organizes a spiritual retreat for young people every month who always sees a large participation of young Christians of different denominations. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 18/01/2013)
- 2015-11-21 - Academic Seminar on the integration of the catholic Church in China with the society
- 2015-05-29 - First Congress of lay missionaries: "The Church in Asia: from conversion to evangelization"
- 2015-02-09 - The preciousness of consecrated life: three days of celebrations
- 2014-12-06 - Show everyone “the joy of consecrated life”, use Facebook to foster vocations
- 2014-11-12 - Pilgrims in Yim Tin Tsai recall St. Joseph Freinademetz
- 2013-06-10 - Dialogue and charity for a new society: Card. Sarah for the 60 years of Caritas
- 2013-03-08 - Cardinal John Tong encourages catechumens to participate actively in evangelization
- 2013-02-22 - Pilgrimage with relics of St Vincent de Paul
- 2013-02-19 - Church in perfect harmony with the Pope’s Message for World Communications Day
- 2013-02-15 - "From Sacred Scripture to Jesus Christ": Pastoral Letter for Lent