AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The first indigenous Bishop consecrated in Santa Cruz: a man born, raised and formed in this land
Santa Cruz (Agenzia Fides) - The Cathedral was filled with the faithful for the celebration of the Eucharist in which Cardinal Julio Terrazas, Archbishop of Santa Cruz de la Sierra, ordained Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese, Mgr. René Leigue Cesari, the first indigenous of East Bolivian called to this ministry. In his homily, Cardinal Terrazas called Monsignor René Leigue "son" and "friend", thanked him for accepting this mission despite the doubts and human weakness, and reminded him that the mission of Bishops is to be ministers of unity and witnesses of truth.
According to a note of the archdiocese sent to Fides Agency, the solemn rite, celebrated on January 16, was attended by the Archbishop of Santa Cruz, Cardinal Julio Terrazas, also His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Gualberti, Archbishop coadjutor, the auxiliary Bishops, priests, deacons and pastoral workers. Also His Exc. Mgr. Giambattista Diquattro, Apostolic Nuncio, and about fifteen Bishops from all over the country were present.
After 50 years of priesthood and 34 of Episcopal ministry, Cardinal Julio Terrazas said he was especially pleased to ordain Bishop of Santa Cruz, a man born, raised and formed in this land, then added: "I thank God that we can have a reliable guide for the people, a word of encouragement in all circumstances, and a friendly presence, a presence that encourages all ... who leads us to announce the ability that our people have to be able to receive God, to love and to say with clarity and courage to all those who ask us, why we believe, celebrate, what we live every day." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/01/2013)
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis