ASIA/TAIWAN - "The greatest gift of the Year of Faith": three Vietnamese deacons of the Chinese Congregation of the Little Brothers of St. John the Baptist have been ordained
Tai Chung (Agenzia Fides) - "You are the greatest gift of the Year of Faith": with these words His Exc. Mgr. Martin Su Yao-Wen, Bishop of the Diocese of Tai Chung, expressed his joy and that of the entire community during the ordination of three deacons of Vietnamese origin of Chinese Congregation of the Little Brothers of St. John the Baptist. According to reports of the Catholic Weekly, the weekly magazine of the Archdiocese of Tai Pei, the ordination took place on January 5, on the eve of the Epiphany, and together with the Bishop, even the Superior General, the Provincial Superior of the Vietnamese province, the Vice Rector of the Major Seminary in Taiwan and many other confreres concelebrated, also the sisters, the Little Sisters of St. Therese of Tao Yuan and of the Sacred Heart of Mary, along with many of the faithful were present. According to Mgr. Su "the greatest adventure is the search for God, the greatest success is to find God. The greatest love is the love of God. After 12 years of vocational journey, you are like the three Magi who came from Vietnam, you offer yourselves to God, which is the greatest gift, because you have given yourself. Responding to the call of the Lord, you have turned a little love in Big Love. I hope that your testimony of faith may promote vocations. "
The national Chinese Congregation of the Little Brothers of St. John the Baptist (C.S.J.B.) was founded by the Beloved Belgian missionary CM Fr. Vincent Lebbe (1877-1940) on December 16, 1928, in the diocese of An Guo, in He Bei province, in the continent. In 1932, then- Apostolic Representative Mgr. Celso Costantini (later Secretary of Propaganda Fide and created a Cardinal) visited the Congregation and in his memoirs he wrote: "I was left with a wonderful impression .... Their kindness, humility, and poverty is almost comparable to the early experiences of S. Francis of Assisi. " Today the General House is in the Diocese of Tai Chung, in Taiwan. They exercise their ministry in parishes, hospitals, schools, dedicating themselves to education. There are many Vietnamese vocations. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 17/01/2013)
- 2014-10-10 - Asia-Pacific Congress: "As a Church, we cannot remain silent witnesses of the conditions of migrants and their families"
- 2014-09-12 - The first church in China dedicated to Saint John Paul II has been consecrated
- 2013-04-18 - The local Church wonders about faith and evangelization
- 2013-03-11 - The Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese of Tai Chung accompanies the young people’s spiritual journey of Lent
- 2013-03-01 - Faith, Creed and Evangelization: theme of fraternity and communion of priests, men and women religious and consecrated laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-02-13 - The National Council of Churches promotes campaigns to raise awareness in society
- 2013-01-31 - "A hot winter" Chinese New Year full of love also for the most vulnerable
- 2013-01-24 - Missionary mandate to the new members of the Apostolate of the Laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-01-22 - The Bishops of Taiwan practice the use of the mass media and public relations management
- 2013-01-17 - "The greatest gift of the Year of Faith": three Vietnamese deacons of the Chinese Congregation of the Little Brothers of St. John the Baptist have been ordained