ASIA/TAIWAN - Commitment of the Regional Episcopal Conference for the formation of priests and seminarians of the continent and for the Year of Faith
Tai Pei (Agenzia Fides) - The commitment to support the training of priests and seminarians of the continent, the celebration of the Year of Faith and the examination of pastoral projects of 2013 were the main themes of the Annual Regional Episcopal Conference held in Taiwan recently. According to reports from the "Catholic Weekly" of the Archdiocese of Tai Pei, the Bishops visited the four priests and five seminarians of the continent who since September have been studying at the Theological Institute of the Catholic University of Fu Ren and are staying in the Seminar St. Paul of the Archdiocese of Tai Pei, according to a project to support the vocational formation. The cycle of study lasts three years. The visit was motivated by the need to get closer to the school situation and the logistical accommodation of students, listen to their needs in order to address the issue during the Assembly and to improve the project, which is the result of a collaboration between the Nunciature in Taiwan, Commission for Education and Culture of the Regional Episcopal Conference of Taiwan, and theological Institute of the Catholic University of Fu Ren.
In addition, the Bishops focused on the celebration of the Year of Faith, in communion with the universal Church, to achieve the main objectives of the Year: the rediscovery of faith, the joy of Christ, to stimulate the enthusiasm to proclaim the faith to all. The Bishops also studied pastoral projects submitted by various Commissions for 2013. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 10/01/2013)
- 2014-10-10 - Asia-Pacific Congress: "As a Church, we cannot remain silent witnesses of the conditions of migrants and their families"
- 2014-09-12 - The first church in China dedicated to Saint John Paul II has been consecrated
- 2013-04-18 - The local Church wonders about faith and evangelization
- 2013-03-11 - The Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese of Tai Chung accompanies the young people’s spiritual journey of Lent
- 2013-03-01 - Faith, Creed and Evangelization: theme of fraternity and communion of priests, men and women religious and consecrated laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-02-13 - The National Council of Churches promotes campaigns to raise awareness in society
- 2013-01-31 - "A hot winter" Chinese New Year full of love also for the most vulnerable
- 2013-01-24 - Missionary mandate to the new members of the Apostolate of the Laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-01-22 - The Bishops of Taiwan practice the use of the mass media and public relations management
- 2013-01-17 - "The greatest gift of the Year of Faith": three Vietnamese deacons of the Chinese Congregation of the Little Brothers of St. John the Baptist have been ordained