AMERICA/UNITED STATES - In California, one child out of 5 lives below the poverty line, the phenomenon is on the rise
Sacramento (Agenzia Fides) - The authorities of the State of California will have to face serious financial difficulties if they do not just focus on the growing phenomenon of poverty among children. This is what emerges in a report just released by the Center for the New Generation where it is stated that, in the most populous State in the United States, more than 1 child out of 5 lives below the poverty line. According to the latest statistics announced by the registry office of the United States, child poverty is becoming increasingly endemic among the growing Latino population in California, where almost one Latin child out of 3 lives in poverty. In Los Angeles, where there are more than 9.6 million people, there are about 2.4 million children, of whom more than 17% are poor. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 09/01/2013)
- 2015-06-23 - A Mass for solidarity and to ask to stop the deportation of Haitians from Santo Domingo
- 2015-06-23 - Appeal of the UNHCR to the Dominican government: the consequences of expulsion could be devastating
- 2015-05-12 - The Bishops denounce: the immigration system has become an "inhuman industry"
- 2015-05-08 - One hundred immigrants in one day: the flow does not stop, and mostly affects families
- 2015-05-05 - Cardinal Maradiaga visits Central American migrants detained in Dilley
- 2015-04-30 - Archbishop of Baltimore: "truth will heal the wounds"
- 2015-04-10 - New appeal to the President to finally solve the problems of immigrant families
- 2015-03-30 - Little Sisters of The Poor gather for last Mass in Cleveland
- 2015-03-30 - Submitted a bill to facilitate the immigration of Middle Eastern persecuted Christians
- 2015-03-28 - The denunciation of Bishops after the visit in Texas: "Why imprison the most vulnerable?"