AMERICA/UNITED STATES - In California, one child out of 5 lives below the poverty line, the phenomenon is on the rise
Sacramento (Agenzia Fides) - The authorities of the State of California will have to face serious financial difficulties if they do not just focus on the growing phenomenon of poverty among children. This is what emerges in a report just released by the Center for the New Generation where it is stated that, in the most populous State in the United States, more than 1 child out of 5 lives below the poverty line. According to the latest statistics announced by the registry office of the United States, child poverty is becoming increasingly endemic among the growing Latino population in California, where almost one Latin child out of 3 lives in poverty. In Los Angeles, where there are more than 9.6 million people, there are about 2.4 million children, of whom more than 17% are poor. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 09/01/2013)
- 2015-03-30 - Little Sisters of The Poor gather for last Mass in Cleveland
- 2015-03-30 - Submitted a bill to facilitate the immigration of Middle Eastern persecuted Christians
- 2015-03-28 - The denunciation of Bishops after the visit in Texas: "Why imprison the most vulnerable?"
- 2015-03-27 - Delegation of Bishops to visit a detention center for immigrant families
- 2015-03-27 - Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV has passed away
- 2015-03-20 - Bishops of the diocese on the border: enough with violence and more attention towards the youth
- 2015-02-06 - The young engaged with migrants write to the Pope
- 2015-01-07 - Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service
- 2015-01-05 - National Migration Week 2015: "We are one family"
- 2014-12-18 - Bishops: not only diplomatic relations with Cuba, but also cooperation in various fields