ASIA/INDIA - A group of children at school under a bridge, despite the severe temperatures
New Delhi (Agenzia Fides) - In this period climatic temperatures are more severe than usual in India. In the north of the country 100 people have died from the cold. In this cold climate, with freezing temperatures, a group of children in New Delhi continue to attend school lessons under a bridge crossed by the underground, no walls, no desks, no chairs every morning. Their only point of reference are stones that are on the ground. The situation is really dramatic. Some of them wear a sweater and a hat, others several long-sleeved shirts, one on top of the other.The majority are barefoot and without gloves, they listen to the teacher sitting in front of them on a plastic chair. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 09/01/2013)
- 2013-05-16 ASIA/INDIA - Congress of catechists from Orissa, agents of evangelization in the Year of Faith
- 2013-05-15 ASIA/INDIA - Converted to Christ from Hinduism: two families persecuted in Orissa
- 2013-05-14 ASIA/INDIA - Allegations of "forced conversions": Hindu extremists against Christians in Kerala
- 2013-05-10 ASIA/INDIA - Two missionaries who distributed biblical pamphlets: beaten and arrested
- 2013-05-10 ASIA/INDIA - The country has the highest number of child deaths within the first 24 hours of life
- 2013-05-07 ASIA/INDIA - No justice for the Christian victims of the massacres in Orissa: the figures of impunity
- 2013-05-02 ASIA/INDIA - Islamic militants to the Christian missionaries: "Leave Kashmir"
- 2013-04-30 ASIA/INDIA - Formation and awareness on rights, health, prevention of women from violence
- 2013-04-22 ASIA/INDIA - Sexual abuse concerning 50 thousand children in 10 years: "What is the value of life?" Asks the Church
- 2013-04-17 ASIA/INDIA - In Kashmir false accusations against Christians for "conversions of children"