AMERICA/PERU - For the first time the "Sowers of Stars" march in the streets of the Peruvian capital
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Several hundred children of AMI (Childhood and Missionary Childhood) gathered in the center of Lima for a day of formation in order to become "Sowers of stars."
On Sunday, January 6, they therefore went out into the streets in the area of the Plaza Mayor of Lima, giving stars and a smile to passers-by on behalf of the missionaries around the world. The event was framed by the arrival of the Three Wise Men (members of the Police of Peru) on horseback. The children, who sang the songs in the streets, were also able to enter the Palace of the Townhall of Lima, where they handed over the scarf of Holy Childhood and the missionary star to the mayor, Susanna Villarán. Throughout the welcoming ceremony of the Wise Men, the Mayor talked with the little missionaries.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS of Peru points out that for the first time the Peruvians saw the Sowers of the Stars marching through their streets. The Pontifical Mission Societies of Peru are commited to strengthening the AMI with a new video on the formation of Missionary Childhood, distributed to the parishes, in which contemporary cartoons are used. From January 23 to 25, within the annual Assembly of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies on "The new evangelization calls for missionary parishes", a program to strengthen the New Evangelization of children as missionary disciples will be launched, through the consolidation of the IAM in parishes. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/01/2013)
- 2013-04-25 AMERICA/PERU - Education and sports activities for street children
- 2013-03-23 AMERICA/PERU - Thousands for the March for Life, rather than a law, the testimony of the population
- 2013-02-23 AMERICA/PERU - Solidarity and sobriety: the solution to the crisis
- 2013-01-08 AMERICA/PERU - For the first time the "Sowers of Stars" march in the streets of the Peruvian capital
- 2012-11-28 AMERICA/PERU - A program of support for more than 6000 street children and adolescents has started
- 2012-11-23 AMERICA/PERU - The first stone of the new church dedicated to San. Pedro and San. Pablo in Ichu was blessed
- 2012-11-13 AMERICA/PERU- Forced labor for 200 000 children in the region of Puno
- 2012-11-08 AMERICA/PERU - "Being able to read, listen, see": a Congress on the ethical responsibility of spectators
- 2012-10-25 AMERICA/PERU - New website guides the faithful Peruvians in the Year of Faith
- 2012-10-17 AMERICA/PERU - "To carry out mission in an area where there are scars of violence": the testimony of the Archbishop of Ayacucho