AMERICA/PERU - For the first time the "Sowers of Stars" march in the streets of the Peruvian capital
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Several hundred children of AMI (Childhood and Missionary Childhood) gathered in the center of Lima for a day of formation in order to become "Sowers of stars."
On Sunday, January 6, they therefore went out into the streets in the area of the Plaza Mayor of Lima, giving stars and a smile to passers-by on behalf of the missionaries around the world. The event was framed by the arrival of the Three Wise Men (members of the Police of Peru) on horseback. The children, who sang the songs in the streets, were also able to enter the Palace of the Townhall of Lima, where they handed over the scarf of Holy Childhood and the missionary star to the mayor, Susanna Villarán. Throughout the welcoming ceremony of the Wise Men, the Mayor talked with the little missionaries.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS of Peru points out that for the first time the Peruvians saw the Sowers of the Stars marching through their streets. The Pontifical Mission Societies of Peru are commited to strengthening the AMI with a new video on the formation of Missionary Childhood, distributed to the parishes, in which contemporary cartoons are used. From January 23 to 25, within the annual Assembly of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies on "The new evangelization calls for missionary parishes", a program to strengthen the New Evangelization of children as missionary disciples will be launched, through the consolidation of the IAM in parishes. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/01/2013)
- 2014-03-07 AMERICA/PERU - The Church denounces the alarming pollution of the Peruvian forest
- 2014-02-27 AMERICA/PERU’ - “Ninos de plomo” Children of Lead: education programme for mineral contaminated minors
- 2014-02-19 AMERICA/PERU - "For a participated and technical debate": the Bishops on the university law
- 2014-01-28 AMERICA/PERU - Dispute between Peru and Chile: an example of how to resolve differences in a peaceful manner
- 2014-01-21 AMERICA/PERU - In prayer for harmony among the peoples, pending the judgment of the Hague
- 2014-01-20 AMERICA/PERU - The Bishops gathered in Plenary Assembly
- 2014-01-14 AMERICA/PERU - "Without communication, there are no rights"
- 2013-12-21 AMERICA/PERU - Christmas in the sign of solidarity and respect for the rights of all
- 2013-12-18 AMERICA/PERU – A religious woman receives the award for Human Rights
- 2013-12-17 AMERICA/PERU - The social and economic pressure is so strong that it makes us forget the Child Jesus