EUROPE/FRANCE - Closure of the Jubilee Year dedicated to Pauline Jaricot, founder of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith
Lyon (Agenzia Fides) - Tomorrow, January 9, the Jubilee Year dedicated to Pauline Jaricot (1799-1862) ends, held on the 150th anniversary of her death and the 50th anniversary of the decree on her heroic virtues. The celebrations will be held in Lyon, where Jaricot lived and is buried. Declared "venerable" by Pope John XXIII on February 25, 1963, she devoted her life to the mission, prayer and service to the poor; founded the Society for the Propagation of the Faith (3May 1822) and the movement of the Living Rosary (1826) .
The program that ends the Jubilee Year is as follows: tomorrow afternoon, a visit to Pauline Jaricot’s home, the prayer of the rosary and adoration in the church of Saint Nizier, where Pauline Jaricot is buried, then, in the same church, at 5p.m., His Exc. Mgr. Rino Fisichella, President of the Pontifical Council for the promotion of the New Evangelization, will give a lecture entitled "Pauline Jaricot and the New Evangelization." At 6.30 p.m. Cardinal Paul Poupard, President Emeritus of the Pontifical Council for Culture, Special Envoy of His Holiness Benedict XVI will preside the Pontifical Mass in the primate church of Saint Jean Baptiste. The Cardinal is accompanied by Mgr. Francois Duthel, postulator of the cause of beatification of Pauline Jaricot, and Fr. Daniel Cardot, former Superior General of the Society of African Missions of Lyons. Fr. Timothy Lehane Barrett, SVD, Secretary General of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith will attend the celebrations, as well as a representative of the General Secretariats of the Pontifical Mission Societies. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 08/01/2013)
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Filoni in Lyon: "Pauline-Marie Jaricot, touched by faith, was a torch bearer"
- 2014-11-13 - EUROPE/FRANCE – For 15 years on the Seine "The fleuron Saint Jean" is a home for the homeless
- 2013-04-09 - A "flash mob" of young people for religious freedom
- 2013-01-08 - Closure of the Jubilee Year dedicated to Pauline Jaricot, founder of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith
- 2012-10-01 - Cardinal Filoni: a new "missionary audacity" for the new frontiers of mission
- 2012-09-28 - An exhibition which narrates the "impossible mission " for the world missionaries MEP
- 2012-01-09 - Pauline Jaricot was "like David facing Goliath": the Secretary of the Missionary Congregation at the conference in Lyon
- 2012-01-07 - "Pauline Jaricot, a woman always present": international meeting for the Jubilee Year
- 2011-10-12 - Commemoration Day for Pauline Jaricot, foundress of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith: 9 January in Lyon
- 2011-03-21 - Muslim-Christian meditation and Eucharistic Adoration on the 15th anniversary of the abduction of the monks of Tibhirine