AFRICA/SUDAN - Agreement between Sudan and South Sudan in Addis Ababa
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - The Presidents of Sudan and South Sudan have reached an agreement to demarcate the boundaries between the two Countries and create a series of administrative, legislative bodies and police in the region of Abyei, disputed by the two States. Salva Kiir Mayardit and Omar Al Bashir held a two-day summit in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, on 4 and 5 January, in order to overcome the difficulties in the implementation of nine cooperation agreements they signed last September.
The African Union said that the two Presidents also agreed to follow a schedule to be prepared by January 13 for the "rapid, unconditional and coordinated implementation " of all agreements signed on September 27, 2012. Kiir and Bashir finally decided to meet again to discuss the final status of Abyei, as soon as the new bodies that administer the territory will be operational. (LM) (Agenzia Fides 07/01/2013)
- 2013-05-16 AFRICA/SUDAN - 25 victims in the umpteenth bombing in the Nuba Mountains
- 2013-05-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Chadian troops entered in Darfur, accusing a rebel movement
- 2013-04-05 AFRICA/SUDAN - The continuous bombing on villages in the Nuba Mountains aims to drive out the civilians
- 2013-03-13 AFRICA/SUDAN - The oil deal between Sudan and South Sudan is a prerequisite for the implementation of the agreements of 27 September
- 2013-02-21 AFRICA/SUDAN - Clashes in the Blue Nile area continue
- 2013-02-18 AFRICA/SUDAN - Are Islamists fleeing Mali finding refuge in Darfur?
- 2013-02-14 AFRICA/SUDAN - Talks between Sudan and South Sudan have been postponed
- 2013-01-24 AFRICA/SUDAN - "Stop the war in South Kordofan and Blue Nile" is what 350 African civil societies ask for
- 2013-01-07 AFRICA/SUDAN - Agreement between Sudan and South Sudan in Addis Ababa
- 2012-12-19 AFRICA/SUDAN - Khartoum has announced a major breakthrough in talks with Juba for border security