AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Message from the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Bishops and faithful
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, His Exc. Mgr. Cardinal Fernando Filoni, has sent the following message to the Bishops and faithful of Central Africa:
"The Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples is following with particular attention the situation in your Country. Concerned about the events that have taken place in recent days, it expresses its spiritual closeness and invites you to cherish the hope for peace that was made to humanity by the Child of Bethlehem, Jesus, the Emmanuel, because as the Holy Father Benedict XVI stressed in his message for the World Day of Peace, "Peace is not a dream, not a utopia: it is possible."
Ensuring our prayers for the victims of this situation of violence and their families, I appeal to their sense of responsibility,so that through dialogue, the only effective means for the restoration of lasting peace, this cycle of violence is put to an end that only increases the misery of these people who have suffered too much.
May Jesus, the Prince of Peace, open the hearts of all Central Africans to accept this precious gift of God to humanity." (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 04/01/2013)
- 2015-01-28 - Caritas: more funds needed for refugees from the Central African Republic
- 2015-01-14 - "Signs of hope but still too much violence, also due to the strong movement of weapons", say the Bishops
- 2015-01-13 - The situation is improving, the Bishops launch a campaign for social cohesion
- 2015-01-07 - Archbishop of Bangui threatened with death while bringing assistance to the displaced
- 2014-12-30 - Archbishop of Bangui pays a visit to former Seleka rebels again
- 2014-12-09 - “Where are you, perpetrator of violence in Central Africa?” demands the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-12-04 - Special Mass for peace at Bangui Carmel hosting 4,000 refugees
- 2014-12-02 - The Bishops denounce: "Banditry threatens peace, it seems that some have fun scattering weapons among the population"
- 2014-11-28 - The head of the group that had seized the Polish priest has been released
- 2014-11-27 - The Vicar General of Bouar: "Fr. Mateusz is fine and was released without the use of force"