AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Message from the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Bishops and faithful
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, His Exc. Mgr. Cardinal Fernando Filoni, has sent the following message to the Bishops and faithful of Central Africa:
"The Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples is following with particular attention the situation in your Country. Concerned about the events that have taken place in recent days, it expresses its spiritual closeness and invites you to cherish the hope for peace that was made to humanity by the Child of Bethlehem, Jesus, the Emmanuel, because as the Holy Father Benedict XVI stressed in his message for the World Day of Peace, "Peace is not a dream, not a utopia: it is possible."
Ensuring our prayers for the victims of this situation of violence and their families, I appeal to their sense of responsibility,so that through dialogue, the only effective means for the restoration of lasting peace, this cycle of violence is put to an end that only increases the misery of these people who have suffered too much.
May Jesus, the Prince of Peace, open the hearts of all Central Africans to accept this precious gift of God to humanity." (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 04/01/2013)
- 2014-04-10 - Solidarity Visit to Bangui of a U.S. interfaith delegation
- 2014-04-08 - "The only institution that still functions is the Catholic Church" says the Archbishop of Douala on a visit in Bangui
- 2014-03-20 - "The rainy season is approaching, emergency aid for displaced people is urgently needed" say religious leaders
- 2014-03-17 - "The conflict is not about religion", said Ban Ki-moon during the meeting with religious leaders for peace
- 2014-03-12 - "The situation has improved in Bozoum, but the situation remains precarious in the rest of the Country", says a missionary
- 2014-03-05 - Imam of Bangui: "If we want peace, we must be impartial and condemn all forms of violence"
- 2014-02-26 - AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC – Work goes on at Bangui university despite chaos
- 2014-02-24 - “churches and mosques must be rid of armed infiltrators”: say the Catholic Archbishop and the Imam of Bangui
- 2014-02-18 - "The Anti Balaka are doing more damage than Seleka", says a missionary
- 2014-02-14 - "God exists and God knows"