AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Message from the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Bishops and faithful
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, His Exc. Mgr. Cardinal Fernando Filoni, has sent the following message to the Bishops and faithful of Central Africa:
"The Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples is following with particular attention the situation in your Country. Concerned about the events that have taken place in recent days, it expresses its spiritual closeness and invites you to cherish the hope for peace that was made to humanity by the Child of Bethlehem, Jesus, the Emmanuel, because as the Holy Father Benedict XVI stressed in his message for the World Day of Peace, "Peace is not a dream, not a utopia: it is possible."
Ensuring our prayers for the victims of this situation of violence and their families, I appeal to their sense of responsibility,so that through dialogue, the only effective means for the restoration of lasting peace, this cycle of violence is put to an end that only increases the misery of these people who have suffered too much.
May Jesus, the Prince of Peace, open the hearts of all Central Africans to accept this precious gift of God to humanity." (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 04/01/2013)
- 2013-12-09 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The situation in Bangui is slowly normalizing, but there are still thousands of refugees in parishes"
- 2013-12-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The whole country is terrorized": new testimonies on the drama of Central Africa
- 2013-12-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - The testimony of two missionaries who welcome the displaced people fleeing violence
- 2013-12-06 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Apocalypse in Bangui" says Mgr. Aguirre to Fides
- 2013-12-05 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Intense gunfire in Bangui, civilians flee
- 2013-12-03 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The arrival of French and African troops is having positive effects"
- 2013-12-02 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Caritas meeting in Rome on the humanitarian emergency in Central Africa
- 2013-11-26 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Precarious situation in Central Africa; Paris announces the sending of other 800 soldiers
- 2013-11-21 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Genocide is probably exaggerated, but anything could happen", says a missionary
- 2013-11-18 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "In Central Africa we risk a new bloodbath" says a missionary