AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Message from the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Bishops and faithful
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, His Exc. Mgr. Cardinal Fernando Filoni, has sent the following message to the Bishops and faithful of Central Africa:
"The Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples is following with particular attention the situation in your Country. Concerned about the events that have taken place in recent days, it expresses its spiritual closeness and invites you to cherish the hope for peace that was made to humanity by the Child of Bethlehem, Jesus, the Emmanuel, because as the Holy Father Benedict XVI stressed in his message for the World Day of Peace, "Peace is not a dream, not a utopia: it is possible."
Ensuring our prayers for the victims of this situation of violence and their families, I appeal to their sense of responsibility,so that through dialogue, the only effective means for the restoration of lasting peace, this cycle of violence is put to an end that only increases the misery of these people who have suffered too much.
May Jesus, the Prince of Peace, open the hearts of all Central Africans to accept this precious gift of God to humanity." (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 04/01/2013)
- 2014-03-05 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Imam of Bangui: "If we want peace, we must be impartial and condemn all forms of violence"
- 2014-02-26 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC – Work goes on at Bangui university despite chaos
- 2014-02-24 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC - “churches and mosques must be rid of armed infiltrators”: say the Catholic Archbishop and the Imam of Bangui
- 2014-02-18 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The Anti Balaka are doing more damage than Seleka", says a missionary
- 2014-02-14 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "God exists and God knows"
- 2014-02-10 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Religious leaders’ appeal: "Do not drag religion into political conflict"
- 2014-02-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Christians and Muslims: the same blood, the same language, the same Country"
- 2014-02-04 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The situation in Bouar is a bit calmer although there are reprisals against the Muslims"
- 2014-01-27 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Are the Anti Balaka really a "Christian militia"?
- 2014-01-23 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The State has collapsed, UN intervention is needed": appeal of the Archbishop of Bangui and the Imam