ASIA/INDIA - Christmas Party for 1000 underprivileged children who are at risk
Bangalore (Agenzia Fides) - More than a thousand children among the most deprived and at risk in Bangalore and suburbs celebrated Christmas in Chamarajpet, Bangalore based NGO Oniyavara Seva Coota (BOSCO). The appointment, is what is said in a note by ANS sent to Fides Agency, was attended by children of various castes, religions and languages. The day's program was designed to allow children to share an atmosphere of joy and peace. The protagonists of the day staged a series of cultural activities to celebrate the birth of Jesus, emphasizing how he came to earth to proclaim and seek justice for the poor and the oppressed and give voice to those who do not have it.
The NGO BOSCO has been working with and for street children and children at risk since 1980, rescuing and rehabilitating approximately 7000 children/adolescents per year. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/01/2013)
- 2013-05-16 ASIA/INDIA - Congress of catechists from Orissa, agents of evangelization in the Year of Faith
- 2013-05-15 ASIA/INDIA - Converted to Christ from Hinduism: two families persecuted in Orissa
- 2013-05-14 ASIA/INDIA - Allegations of "forced conversions": Hindu extremists against Christians in Kerala
- 2013-05-10 ASIA/INDIA - Two missionaries who distributed biblical pamphlets: beaten and arrested
- 2013-05-10 ASIA/INDIA - The country has the highest number of child deaths within the first 24 hours of life
- 2013-05-07 ASIA/INDIA - No justice for the Christian victims of the massacres in Orissa: the figures of impunity
- 2013-05-02 ASIA/INDIA - Islamic militants to the Christian missionaries: "Leave Kashmir"
- 2013-04-30 ASIA/INDIA - Formation and awareness on rights, health, prevention of women from violence
- 2013-04-22 ASIA/INDIA - Sexual abuse concerning 50 thousand children in 10 years: "What is the value of life?" Asks the Church
- 2013-04-17 ASIA/INDIA - In Kashmir false accusations against Christians for "conversions of children"