AFRICA/CONGO DR - The leader of the M23 political wing is not a Catholic Bishop
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - Jean-Marie Runiga Rugerero (or Lugerero), self-styled leader of the M23 political wing, the rebel movement that operates in North Kivu (eastern Democratic Republic of Congo), is not a Catholic Bishop, as instead was presented by some international press organizations. Jean-Marie Runiga is one of the two members of the M23 affected by sanctions which were decided on 31 December 2012 by the UN Security Council. The sanctions include the freezing of personal assets and a ban on travelling abroad (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 02/01/2013)
- 2013-05-23 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Tensions in North Kivu on the eve of Ban Ki-moon’s visit
- 2013-04-17 AFRICA/DR CONGO - Congo Caritas in charge of distributing the funds of the national collection for the east
- 2013-04-09 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The South African troops have withdrawn from Bangui in the north of the Congo. Ready for revenge?
- 2013-04-03 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Jesuits’ initiative against weapons that fuel the crisis in the Great Lakes Region
- 2013-03-25 AFRICA/DR CONGO - A secessionist group sows terror in Lubumbashi
- 2013-03-20 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Hopes and interrogatives after the surrender of Bosco Ntaganda,
- 2013-03-07 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Fighting continues in North Kivu despite the agreements in Addis Ababa
- 2013-03-06 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The Addis Ababa Agreement greeted with suspicion by the Congolese but there is good news
- 2013-03-05 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The Bishops: "the respect for the constitutional order must be observed by all"
- 2013-03-01 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Violent clashes between factions of the M23