AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Missionary Argentina, share your faith": the preparation of COMINA 4 begins
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The Pontifical Mission Societies of Argentina issued the official convocation of the Fourth National Missionary Congress (COMINA 4), to be held from August 17 to 19 2013 in San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca, with the slogan "Missionary Argentina, share your faith."
With this event, the Church in Argentina is preparing to live the Year of Faith in a special way, in the context of the Permanent Mission and at the same time, in preparation for the IV American Missionary Congress and IX Latin American Missionary Congress (CAM 4 – Comla 9 ), to be held in November 2013 in Maracaibo, in Venezuela.
The official convocation of COMINA 4 was announced by the 104th Plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Argentina. The text sent to Fides Agency says: "This Congress will be an opportunity to strengthen and encourage diocesan missionary groups in order to carry out their service in the Diocese and the Church, according to the priorities established in the document of Aparecida.
In the Year of Faith and the impulse given by the Holy Father, and of the Synod of Bishops on the New Evangelization, we must reflect on the challenge of proclaiming the Good News of Jesus in a context increasingly characterized by secularism and multiculturalism." The Episcopal Commission for the Missions, through the National Commission for the Missions (CONAMIS), and the Pontifical Mission Societies, as key areas of pastoral missionary, will be responsible for the coordination of this Congress. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/12/2012)
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"
- 2015-06-18 - The first Congress on intercultural and interreligious dialogue
- 2015-06-12 - "We are concerned about the new poor", said Mgr. Ojea, head of Caritas
- 2015-06-11 - "In this America's Cup, and always, say no to trafficking": campaign against human trafficking
- 2015-05-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Child nutrition, drugs and poverty: meeting of Bishops and authorities of Buenos Aires
- 2015-05-26 - The Church's message for the National holiday: no to hatred, play politics with moral integrity
- 2015-05-20 - Half a million families with serious addictions to alcohol and drugs
- 2015-05-18 - First Report on the scourge of drugs prepared by UCA
- 2015-05-08 - Missionary dimension and social problems: meeting of the clergy of Patagonia
- 2015-05-02 - First parish dedicated to Juan Diego