AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Missionary Argentina, share your faith": the preparation of COMINA 4 begins
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The Pontifical Mission Societies of Argentina issued the official convocation of the Fourth National Missionary Congress (COMINA 4), to be held from August 17 to 19 2013 in San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca, with the slogan "Missionary Argentina, share your faith."
With this event, the Church in Argentina is preparing to live the Year of Faith in a special way, in the context of the Permanent Mission and at the same time, in preparation for the IV American Missionary Congress and IX Latin American Missionary Congress (CAM 4 – Comla 9 ), to be held in November 2013 in Maracaibo, in Venezuela.
The official convocation of COMINA 4 was announced by the 104th Plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Argentina. The text sent to Fides Agency says: "This Congress will be an opportunity to strengthen and encourage diocesan missionary groups in order to carry out their service in the Diocese and the Church, according to the priorities established in the document of Aparecida.
In the Year of Faith and the impulse given by the Holy Father, and of the Synod of Bishops on the New Evangelization, we must reflect on the challenge of proclaiming the Good News of Jesus in a context increasingly characterized by secularism and multiculturalism." The Episcopal Commission for the Missions, through the National Commission for the Missions (CONAMIS), and the Pontifical Mission Societies, as key areas of pastoral missionary, will be responsible for the coordination of this Congress. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/12/2012)
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites
- 2014-05-28 - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
- 2014-05-26 - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
- 2014-05-14 - "The country is sick of violence": proposal of Bishops to respond to this reality
- 2014-05-05 - Episcopal Assembly begins: "It is impossible to get used to drugs and violence"
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"