EUROPE/SPAIN - "We are faced with a family and faith emergency ": On Sunday a demonstration in defense of the Christian family
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - "The Christian family is misunderstood and mistreated" denounced the President of the Spanish Episcopal Conference, Cardinal Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, speaking to the Catholic TV COPE, on the occasion of the demonstration which will take place next Sunday, December 30, feast of the Holy Family, in Plaza de Colón in Madrid, in defense of the Christian family. According to the letter sent to Fides Agency, the Cardinal said that "in the historical circumstances in which we find ourselves, the family is not understood, and therefore it is not easy to live all its natural beauty."
"When one is not allowed to live the family in this way - he continued - indeed, when there is hostility towards the family, then not only it is misunderstood, but it is mistreated; so the need to affirm its faith and its content of natural and supernatural reality, becomes a primary and fundamental postulate in the evangelizing mission of the Church."
The family is "an essential reality of man" and "the first cell of the Church and of society, so one should always celebrate it." For this reason, the faithful and the families that will be at Plaza Colon on Sunday want to show the world that "we are dealing with a family and faith emergency." Madrid in recent years has become the center of great events for the family: the event last year was attended by thousands of people who renewed the sense of commitment to the Catholic family. The Archdiocese of Madrid has also launched the "Mission-Madrid" to prepare the mission of the new Evangelization starting with the family. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/12/2012)
- 2015-09-23 - International Day against human trafficking
- 2015-07-23 - Trafficking of human persons, "flourishing business on the increase”
- 2015-07-17 - Priest stabbed to death on the doorstep
- 2015-07-07 - Cardinal Filoni in Burgos: "Can we say that the people of God today are missionary people?"
- 2015-05-21 - Hunger is not inevitable: 350 thousand children in the world against child malnutrition
- 2015-05-21 - Support for an alternative model for the regional economy developed by Caritas
- 2015-05-13 - Minerals, cause of conflicts in the world: NGOs ask the EU for "a strong law"
- 2015-04-24 - Migrants: disappointment for the CIE Regulation, approved a year ago and still unrealized
- 2015-04-21 - The Bishops in assembly: Mission, emigration and social crisis
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014