AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Year of Faith, "a challenge to promote social cohesion": Cardinal Urosa Savino’s message
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Caracas, Cardinal Jorge Urosa Savino, published his New Year message addressed to all Venezuelans calling for citizens to promote social cohesion and the to authorities to increase security for the population. The message, which begins by recalling the Holy Father’s invitation to celebrate the Year of Faith, aims to "live the Catholic faith in the midst of a secular world, indifferent, and sometimes contrary to God."
In the text sent to Fides Agency, the Cardinal says: "Being a Catholic is a joy but it involves great challenges. Living the faith means to fight against violence", then he added: "We must insist on constitutional government authorities to safeguard personal safety and property of all Venezuelans. In this regard, we support all legitimate efforts of governmental and non-governmental organizations to combat violence and its sources."
The Cardinal Archbishop of Caracas also says: "Our faith calls us to promote social cohesion. Faced with uncertainty concerning President Hugo Chavez’s health, we must respect the Constitution. Everyone needs to respect and defend the constitutional rules during a possible temporary or absolute absence of the President. We cannot accept other ways, because they would throw the country into instability and violate the rights of Venezuelans. "At the end of the message, the Cardinal asks us to pray for the prisoners, the poor and the sick, especially for the President. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/12/2012)
- 2014-02-28 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Pray for Venezuela and discern events in the light of the Word of God
- 2014-02-27 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Church at National Conference for Peace: find ways and means for dialogue to resolve the difficulties of Venezuela
- 2014-02-26 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - “A process of reconciliation is necessary”, Bishops call dialogue to discover the truth
- 2014-02-26 AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Christians in prayer to accompany imminent National Peace Conference
- 2014-02-21 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Cardinal Urosa to the government: "dialogue that recognizes the country's problems "
- 2014-02-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Funeral of the two Salesians killed: more than 50 years at the service of Venezuela
- 2014-02-17 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Two Salesians killed and two others injured during a robbery, insecurity in the country is worrying
- 2014-02-15 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Bishop of Maracay: "One has the right to protest, but violence has to stop"
- 2014-02-14 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "The government must listen to the people who protest" the voice of the Church after 3 deaths during demonstrations
- 2014-01-31 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - According to the report of an NGO, more than 500 deaths in prisons in 2013