AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Year of Faith, "a challenge to promote social cohesion": Cardinal Urosa Savino’s message
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Caracas, Cardinal Jorge Urosa Savino, published his New Year message addressed to all Venezuelans calling for citizens to promote social cohesion and the to authorities to increase security for the population. The message, which begins by recalling the Holy Father’s invitation to celebrate the Year of Faith, aims to "live the Catholic faith in the midst of a secular world, indifferent, and sometimes contrary to God."
In the text sent to Fides Agency, the Cardinal says: "Being a Catholic is a joy but it involves great challenges. Living the faith means to fight against violence", then he added: "We must insist on constitutional government authorities to safeguard personal safety and property of all Venezuelans. In this regard, we support all legitimate efforts of governmental and non-governmental organizations to combat violence and its sources."
The Cardinal Archbishop of Caracas also says: "Our faith calls us to promote social cohesion. Faced with uncertainty concerning President Hugo Chavez’s health, we must respect the Constitution. Everyone needs to respect and defend the constitutional rules during a possible temporary or absolute absence of the President. We cannot accept other ways, because they would throw the country into instability and violate the rights of Venezuelans. "At the end of the message, the Cardinal asks us to pray for the prisoners, the poor and the sick, especially for the President. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/12/2012)
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk