AMERICA/COSTA RICA - "The attack on life harms development and peace," says the Apostolic Nuncio
San José (Agenzia Fides) - "Every attack on life, especially in the beginning, inevitably causes irreparable damage to development, peace and the environment. False rights or freedoms, based on a narrow vision of the human person, promoting an alleged right to abortion and euthanasia, threaten the fundamental right to life": is what the Papal Nuncio in Costa Rica, His Exc. Mgr. Pierre Nguyen Van Tot, taking part, along with the Minister of Health, Daisy Maria Diaz Corrales and other senior officials said at a ceremony on the occasion of the 85th anniversary of the Ministry of Health. As reported in a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Pierre was invited by the Minister to participate in the Christmas "posada" (religious celebration) prepared by the body. In his speech, the Pope’s representative said that "from this place, where we worship He who was born in a manger, measures for the development and progress of the state of health of the population of Costa Rica will have to be promoted and controlled."
To the staff of the Ministry of Health, and all the workers of the institute, the Apostolic Nuncio recalled the Holy Father’s words: "Doctors and health professionals who deal with human beings are special reserves of love that give serenity and hope to those who suffer."
The Nuncio remarked that "it is necessary to establish a public health program that is based on management skills and professional competence of those responsible. But this, in itself, is not sufficient, because if human beings are not seen as people, men and women created in the image of God, endowed with inviolable dignity, every effort will be useless. "
Costa Rica is going through a particular phase of debate and attention to the issue of life, marriage and the family and the local Church has intervened publicly on these issues. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/12/2012)
- 2013-01-29 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Eco Catolico, the first weekly in the Country has been announcing truth and justice for 130 years
- 2012-12-15 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - "The attack on life harms development and peace," says the Apostolic Nuncio
- 2012-12-10 AFRICA/COTE D'IVOIRE - The tragic death of the Apostolic Nuncio in the Ivory Coast, Mgr. Madtha, a man of peace
- 2012-11-23 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Worrying storms are beating down on the country
- 2012-11-07 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Historical record of poverty: 1,140,000 people and 1 child/adolescent out of 3
- 2012-10-26 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Every year violence causes the death of 80 000 children in Latin America
- 2012-04-27 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - The first technical training course addressed to Colombian refugees has started
- 2012-03-15 AFRICA/COTE D'IVOIRE-Hospitality, education and the living of children and young Ivorians to rebuild the country
- 2012-02-14 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Family and Youth, support for evangelization in the Bishops' message
- 2012-01-25 AFRICA/COTE D'IVOIRE - RECOWA Assembly: "a sign of the victory of the Resurrected", said Cardinal Sarr