VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Uganda for the centenary of the faith in Arua and in the ecclesiastical province of Gulu
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The conclusive celebrations for the centenary of the arrival of the faith in the diocese of Arua, northern Uganda, thanks to the Comboni missionaries, will be presided by Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization Peoples, who is on a pastoral visit in the African country. The celebrations in Arua will also see the participation of other districts that make up the ecclesiastical province of Gulu, that recently also commemorated the anniversary: the Archdiocese of Gulu (2011) and the diocese of Lira (2011) and Nebbi (2010) .
The full program of the Prefect’s journey, among other commitments: on the morning of Thursday, December 13, the Mass in the Cathedral of Arua for the lay faithful and the catechists of the ecclesiastical province, then in the afternoon, a visit to the center of communication and vespers at Holy Trinity Monastery with the nuns. On Friday 14 Mass with priests and religious in the Minor Basilica of Lodonga. In the afternoon Cardinal Filoni will visit the vicariate of Moyo of the diocese of Arua. In the parish of Moyo he will celebrate on Saturday 15, the Mass for the seminarians of the Ecclesiastical Province. In the afternoon, the Cardinal Prefect will meet with the Bishops of the Episcopal Conference of Uganda. On Sunday, December 16, the concluding Eucharistic Celebration and the message for the centenary of faith. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 12/12/2012)
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - "The PMS, concrete sign for the special attention to the young Churches," Cardinal Filoni at the audience with Pope Francis
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - The Holy Father's Speech addressed to the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-14 VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
- 2013-05-13 VATICAN - "It is necessary to review the methods of evangelization": Cardinal Filoni at the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-08 VATICAN - Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies, from May 13 to 18
- 2013-04-22 VATICAN - "Finding the right and peaceful paths to overcome the crisis," Pope's appeal for Venezuela
- 2013-04-18 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni: dialogue between religions in Asia "for the common good"
- 2013-04-17 VATICAN - Pope Francis: to evangelize, baptism is enough
- 2013-04-15 VATICAN - Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity
- 2013-04-10 VATICAN CITY - Cardinal Filoni at the Feast of the Pontifical Urban University: to proclaim Christ in the suburbs of humanity