AFRICA/SENEGAL - Cardinal Sarr remembers the Caliph of Tidjaniyya, "man of respect, man of God"
Dakar (Agenzia Fides) - "A man of relations, a man of God, whose wisdom revealed he was profoundly inhabited by God": said Cardinal Theodore Adrien Sarr, Archbishop of Dakar, remembering in a message sent to Fides, Serigne Mouhamadou Mansour Sy, Caliph General of Tidjaniyya, one of the most important Sufi brotherhoods in Senegal. "Future generations are already enriched by the image of an ardent defender of social peace and a guide who always led far away from the paths of radical religious fundamentalism that disrupts the world today," the Cardinal’s message continues, and expresses condolences to all the Bishops of Senegal, to the family of the deceased and the entire community of Tidjaniyya, and more generally Muslim. Even Cardinal Sarr was hit by a severe bereavement for the death of his brother, Pierre Sarr, who died in Dakar on December 8. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 10/12/2012)
- 2013-06-11 AFRICA/SENEGAL - Young Catholics from Senegal for peace in Casamance
- 2013-04-17 AFRICA/SENEGAL - The phenomenon of the 'talibé' continues to worsen: 20,000 every day in Dakar alone
- 2013-01-24 AFRICA/SENEGAL - Two purifiers will allow 1,800 people to have drinking water
- 2012-12-10 AFRICA/SENEGAL - Cardinal Sarr remembers the Caliph of Tidjaniyya, "man of respect, man of God"
- 2012-10-12 AFRICA/SENEGAL - More than 160 graves desecrated in two Catholic cemeteries, bronze crosses stolen
- 2012-08-29 AFRICA/SENEGAL - Church’s appeal to help the victims of the torrential rains
- 2012-06-20 AFRICA/SENEGAL - Emergency food crisis: 800 000 people are undernourished, millions of children at risk
- 2012-04-24 AFRICA/SENEGAL - Ziguinchor celebrating the ordination of its fourth Bishop
- 2012-03-26 AFRICA/SENEGAL - The recognition of Macky Sall’s victory by outgoing President Wade: may he be an example for all of Africa
- 2012-03-13 AFRICA/SENEGAL - "Justice and Peace," asks an effort for a second round of peaceful elections and without fraud