AMERICA/BRAZIL - For 60 years the Commission for Missionary Action has been working for the mission at all levels
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Commission for Missionary Action celebrates 60 years of activity: in coordination with the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB) it promotes missionary action and evangelization, formation and missionary activity. Its overall aim is to organize and implement animation, formation and missionary cooperation at all levels of the Church. The specific objectives are: to promote missionary spirituality; facilitate the search for answers to the challenge of inculturation of faith; organize formation meetings for those who go on a mission across borders; to develop projects of evangelization and solidarity with other Lusophone countries, such as Guinea Bissau and East Timor, and cooperation in the formation of future priests in Haiti, with a solidarity project "Church of Brazil - Church of Haiti."
"It would be difficult to list all the activities carried out in these 60 years of history," says the note sent to Fides Agency by His Exc. Mgr. Sérgio Arthur Braschi, Bishop of Ponta Grossa, President of the Episcopal Pastoral Commission for Missionary Animation and Inter-ecclesial cooperation. "We cannot forget the memorable moments - says the bishop - as the Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 5, in Belo Horizonte 1995), and the three National Missionary Congresses: in Belo Horizonte (2003), Aparecida (2008) and recently Palmas-TO, in July 2012. " (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/12/2012)
- 2014-04-07 - CIMI delivers a document on the suffering of the indigenous peoples of the Amazon to the Pope
- 2014-04-04 - "He taught us that in order for the Gospel to be proclaimed it must be acculturated": Brazil and Spain in celebration for the canonization of "Father Anchieta"
- 2014-04-02 - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
- 2014-03-26 - The Brazilian Church accompanies the World Cup inviting to combat trafficking
- 2014-03-04 - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
- 2014-02-17 - "Play for Life": thousands of religious mobilize against human trafficking
- 2014-02-06 - Cardinal Filoni: "The announcement ad gentes is part of the responsibility that all the particular Churches have toward Christ"
- 2014-02-04 - Cardinal Filoni to Brazilian Bishops: The II Vatican Council and the missionary dimension of the Church
- 2014-02-03 - 50 years since the II Vatican Council: missionary commitment, consecrated life, episcopal ministry of Bishops
- 2014-01-23 - Prisons do not re-educate and are in crisis: intervention of the Archbishop of Rio