AMERICA/BRAZIL - For 60 years the Commission for Missionary Action has been working for the mission at all levels
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Commission for Missionary Action celebrates 60 years of activity: in coordination with the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB) it promotes missionary action and evangelization, formation and missionary activity. Its overall aim is to organize and implement animation, formation and missionary cooperation at all levels of the Church. The specific objectives are: to promote missionary spirituality; facilitate the search for answers to the challenge of inculturation of faith; organize formation meetings for those who go on a mission across borders; to develop projects of evangelization and solidarity with other Lusophone countries, such as Guinea Bissau and East Timor, and cooperation in the formation of future priests in Haiti, with a solidarity project "Church of Brazil - Church of Haiti."
"It would be difficult to list all the activities carried out in these 60 years of history," says the note sent to Fides Agency by His Exc. Mgr. Sérgio Arthur Braschi, Bishop of Ponta Grossa, President of the Episcopal Pastoral Commission for Missionary Animation and Inter-ecclesial cooperation. "We cannot forget the memorable moments - says the bishop - as the Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 5, in Belo Horizonte 1995), and the three National Missionary Congresses: in Belo Horizonte (2003), Aparecida (2008) and recently Palmas-TO, in July 2012. " (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/12/2012)
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs
- 2015-01-28 - Missionaries study "concentration and manipulation of the media"
- 2015-01-12 - Recalling the earthquake in Haiti with the testimony of Zilda Arns
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission