AMERICA/BRAZIL - For 60 years the Commission for Missionary Action has been working for the mission at all levels
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Commission for Missionary Action celebrates 60 years of activity: in coordination with the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB) it promotes missionary action and evangelization, formation and missionary activity. Its overall aim is to organize and implement animation, formation and missionary cooperation at all levels of the Church. The specific objectives are: to promote missionary spirituality; facilitate the search for answers to the challenge of inculturation of faith; organize formation meetings for those who go on a mission across borders; to develop projects of evangelization and solidarity with other Lusophone countries, such as Guinea Bissau and East Timor, and cooperation in the formation of future priests in Haiti, with a solidarity project "Church of Brazil - Church of Haiti."
"It would be difficult to list all the activities carried out in these 60 years of history," says the note sent to Fides Agency by His Exc. Mgr. Sérgio Arthur Braschi, Bishop of Ponta Grossa, President of the Episcopal Pastoral Commission for Missionary Animation and Inter-ecclesial cooperation. "We cannot forget the memorable moments - says the bishop - as the Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 5, in Belo Horizonte 1995), and the three National Missionary Congresses: in Belo Horizonte (2003), Aparecida (2008) and recently Palmas-TO, in July 2012. " (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/12/2012)
- 2015-07-01 - The indifference of the state in the face of a situation of injustice denounced by the Bishop of Dourados
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI