AMERICA/BRAZIL - For 60 years the Commission for Missionary Action has been working for the mission at all levels
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Commission for Missionary Action celebrates 60 years of activity: in coordination with the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB) it promotes missionary action and evangelization, formation and missionary activity. Its overall aim is to organize and implement animation, formation and missionary cooperation at all levels of the Church. The specific objectives are: to promote missionary spirituality; facilitate the search for answers to the challenge of inculturation of faith; organize formation meetings for those who go on a mission across borders; to develop projects of evangelization and solidarity with other Lusophone countries, such as Guinea Bissau and East Timor, and cooperation in the formation of future priests in Haiti, with a solidarity project "Church of Brazil - Church of Haiti."
"It would be difficult to list all the activities carried out in these 60 years of history," says the note sent to Fides Agency by His Exc. Mgr. Sérgio Arthur Braschi, Bishop of Ponta Grossa, President of the Episcopal Pastoral Commission for Missionary Animation and Inter-ecclesial cooperation. "We cannot forget the memorable moments - says the bishop - as the Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 5, in Belo Horizonte 1995), and the three National Missionary Congresses: in Belo Horizonte (2003), Aparecida (2008) and recently Palmas-TO, in July 2012. " (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/12/2012)
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform
- 2014-10-27 - Beatification of the co-founder of the Scalabrinians: "May the whole Church be missionary of truth, mother Assunta did it"
- 2014-10-27 - Dilma Rousseff re-elected President with a narrow margin: she will have to face recession, corruption and discontent
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"