AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN-Somali immigrants accuse the security forces of abuse
Juba (Agenzia Fides) – A number of Somalis took to the streets of Juba, capital of South Sudan, after the killing of their country man. A witness told Bakhita Radio said the deceased was an entrepreneur who was killed in his shop by criminals and accused the security forces of South Sudan of abusing Somali immigrants. The protesters marched towards Juba International Airport as the body of the dead was being airlifted to his country of origin.
Police stopped the protesters from entering the airport and forced them to turn back.
Many foreign expatriates complain wide mistreatment across the country by South Sudan security forces. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 04/12/2012)
- 2013-06-07 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Two Presbyterian pastors illegally detained since May 19
- 2013-05-08 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - "We have nothing to do with the fundraising for our cathedral," says the Diocese of Torit
- 2013-04-26 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - "Our leadership is intact" ensures the Archbishop of Juba
- 2013-04-22 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Even a nurse of the Diocese of Torit among the victims of clashes between military and civilians
- 2013-03-18 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Death of Bishop of Torit
- 2013-02-27 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - From the Nuba Mountains to Uganda to receive new limbs thanks to the Catholic Church
- 2013-02-13 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Tension rises between South Sudan and Sudan
- 2013-01-31 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - About 300 Sudanese refugees arrive in South Sudan every day. The UNHCR is preparing a new refugee camp
- 2013-01-07 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - Childhood penalized, 200,000 children at risk for malnutrition
- 2012-12-06 AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - South Sudan Emergency: violence in Jonglei State does not stop