VATICAN - The Pope during the Angelus recalls the rights of disabled people
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - After praying the Angelus yesterday from the window of his study in the Apostolic Palace, the Holy Father Benedict XVI recalled the need to protect and promote the rights of disabled people with these words: "tomorrow we celebrate the International Day of the rights of Persons with disabilities. Every person, even with physical and mental limits, even serious, is always invaluable, and as such should be considered. I encourage church communities to be attentive and welcoming towards these brothers and sisters. I urge lawmakers and government leaders to protect people with disabilities and promote their full participation in society."
According to the latest published Statistical Yearbook of the Church, the Church in the world manages 17,223 homes for the elderly, disabled and handicapped, of which 655 in Africa, 5650 in America, 2,346 in Asia, 8,021 in Europe and 551 in Oceania. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2012)
- 2013-05-20 VATICAN - The Pope launches "Missio", an "App" for smartphones with Fides news
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - "The PMS, concrete sign for the special attention to the young Churches," Cardinal Filoni at the audience with Pope Francis
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - The Holy Father's Speech addressed to the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-14 VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
- 2013-05-13 VATICAN - "It is necessary to review the methods of evangelization": Cardinal Filoni at the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-08 VATICAN - Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies, from May 13 to 18
- 2013-04-22 VATICAN - "Finding the right and peaceful paths to overcome the crisis," Pope's appeal for Venezuela
- 2013-04-18 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni: dialogue between religions in Asia "for the common good"
- 2013-04-17 VATICAN - Pope Francis: to evangelize, baptism is enough
- 2013-04-15 VATICAN - Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity