AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Even the Catholic Church in the Inter-institutional Committee to prepare a report on the TIPNIS
Trinity (Agenzia Fides) - "Complying with the request made by the representatives of the TIPNIS (Indigenous Territory and Isiboro Secure National Park), the Catholic Church and the Permanent Assembly for Human Rights of Bolivia, have formed an Inter-institutional Committee to visit the TIPNIS communities, in order to talk about how government consultation was carried out (see Fides 06/07/2012), and so gather evidence that will allow to prepare a report and an impartial report, the same that will be delivered to the applicant organization ": is what the note of the Bolivian Episcopal Conference says of which a copy was sent to Fides Agency.
The document explains the main reason that led to the formation of this committee: "The Catholic Church in Bolivia, in fulfilling its mission of evangelization, has always had a pastoral care and of support for indigenous and peasant communities. It assisted the TIPNIS marches with humanitarian aid, because it considers it, beyond social or political reasons, its moral duty and of humanitarian service. On its behalf, the Permanent Assembly of Human Rights in Bolivia, in the fulfillment of its mission of promoting and protecting human rights, accompanied the processes of mobilization and defense of the rights of indigenous peoples of TIPNIS. "
The document, which is dated November 28, concludes by confirming the purpose and mission of the organization: "This inter-institutional committee intends to respond to the request of the responsible of TIPNIS and provide independent and transparent public testimony." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/11/2012)
- 2013-04-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Theft in the churches: Cardinal Terrazas responds to Morales
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - A happy world for street children
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Church in the TIPNIS, "a missionary presence committed to human promotion"
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Domestic violence for almost 83% of children in the country
- 2013-04-11 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "A missionary Church always communicates the truth": 95th Assembly of Bishops
- 2013-01-18 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The first indigenous Bishop consecrated in Santa Cruz: a man born, raised and formed in this land
- 2013-01-09 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Clarification on the properties of the Apostolic Vicariate of Beni in TIPNIS
- 2012-12-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Irregularities in the consultation of the Tipnis have been found
- 2012-11-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Even the Catholic Church in the Inter-institutional Committee to prepare a report on the TIPNIS
- 2012-11-27 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Malnutrition and lack of health care and hygiene for children who live with their parents in prisons