AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Even the Catholic Church in the Inter-institutional Committee to prepare a report on the TIPNIS
Trinity (Agenzia Fides) - "Complying with the request made by the representatives of the TIPNIS (Indigenous Territory and Isiboro Secure National Park), the Catholic Church and the Permanent Assembly for Human Rights of Bolivia, have formed an Inter-institutional Committee to visit the TIPNIS communities, in order to talk about how government consultation was carried out (see Fides 06/07/2012), and so gather evidence that will allow to prepare a report and an impartial report, the same that will be delivered to the applicant organization ": is what the note of the Bolivian Episcopal Conference says of which a copy was sent to Fides Agency.
The document explains the main reason that led to the formation of this committee: "The Catholic Church in Bolivia, in fulfilling its mission of evangelization, has always had a pastoral care and of support for indigenous and peasant communities. It assisted the TIPNIS marches with humanitarian aid, because it considers it, beyond social or political reasons, its moral duty and of humanitarian service. On its behalf, the Permanent Assembly of Human Rights in Bolivia, in the fulfillment of its mission of promoting and protecting human rights, accompanied the processes of mobilization and defense of the rights of indigenous peoples of TIPNIS. "
The document, which is dated November 28, concludes by confirming the purpose and mission of the organization: "This inter-institutional committee intends to respond to the request of the responsible of TIPNIS and provide independent and transparent public testimony." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/11/2012)
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”
- 2014-08-05 - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
- 2014-08-04 - Prevention to fight against the new phenomenon of 'micro-trafficking' of drugs
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners