AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Even the Catholic Church in the Inter-institutional Committee to prepare a report on the TIPNIS
Trinity (Agenzia Fides) - "Complying with the request made by the representatives of the TIPNIS (Indigenous Territory and Isiboro Secure National Park), the Catholic Church and the Permanent Assembly for Human Rights of Bolivia, have formed an Inter-institutional Committee to visit the TIPNIS communities, in order to talk about how government consultation was carried out (see Fides 06/07/2012), and so gather evidence that will allow to prepare a report and an impartial report, the same that will be delivered to the applicant organization ": is what the note of the Bolivian Episcopal Conference says of which a copy was sent to Fides Agency.
The document explains the main reason that led to the formation of this committee: "The Catholic Church in Bolivia, in fulfilling its mission of evangelization, has always had a pastoral care and of support for indigenous and peasant communities. It assisted the TIPNIS marches with humanitarian aid, because it considers it, beyond social or political reasons, its moral duty and of humanitarian service. On its behalf, the Permanent Assembly of Human Rights in Bolivia, in the fulfillment of its mission of promoting and protecting human rights, accompanied the processes of mobilization and defense of the rights of indigenous peoples of TIPNIS. "
The document, which is dated November 28, concludes by confirming the purpose and mission of the organization: "This inter-institutional committee intends to respond to the request of the responsible of TIPNIS and provide independent and transparent public testimony." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/11/2012)
- 2015-02-24 - Campaign to help children in Tipnis suffering from malnutrition and poverty
- 2015-02-19 - On the way to Fifth American Mission Congress (CAM 5-COMLA 10)
- 2015-01-23 - The phenomenon of children abandoned in the streets and violence increases
- 2015-01-05 - "Open your eyes and ears": warning of the church for the election campaign
- 2014-11-18 - Towards CAM 5: Bolivia presents a preliminary work plan
- 2014-11-17 - A project to spread Afro culture among children of Yungas communities
- 2014-11-12 - The Eucharist is necessary for fraternal communion and mission
- 2014-11-11 - The law on education must be applied without discrimination
- 2014-11-07 - Education, communication and drug trafficking: the Bishops prepare three pastoral Letters
- 2014-10-29 - Solidarity and concrete evangelization: meeting of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies