AMERICA/PERU - A program of support for more than 6000 street children and adolescents has started
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Thanks to the program called Llachay, which aims to give back the rights of street children and adolescents who live in situations at risk, 6,365 children throughout Peru will be taken care of until 2013.
The government initiative started from Lima and Iquitos where the problem is particularly serious. In 2013, the program will start in Arequipa, Ica, Cusco, Chincha, Abancay, Juliaca, Huanuco, Huancavelica, Pasco, Ayacucho, Moquegua and Tacna. The government, thanks to this initiative, aims to strengthen the commitment of parents in the education of their children and provide financial contributions to make it possible for families to start small activities that allow them to survive. In addition, if the children do not know where to go after school, there are reception centers where they can do their homework until their parents finish work. Llachay will offer sports scholarships and vocational formation, will distribute school kits, materials for starting small businesses, shelter homes, free legal assistance. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 28/11/2012)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking