AMERICA/PERU - A program of support for more than 6000 street children and adolescents has started
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Thanks to the program called Llachay, which aims to give back the rights of street children and adolescents who live in situations at risk, 6,365 children throughout Peru will be taken care of until 2013.
The government initiative started from Lima and Iquitos where the problem is particularly serious. In 2013, the program will start in Arequipa, Ica, Cusco, Chincha, Abancay, Juliaca, Huanuco, Huancavelica, Pasco, Ayacucho, Moquegua and Tacna. The government, thanks to this initiative, aims to strengthen the commitment of parents in the education of their children and provide financial contributions to make it possible for families to start small activities that allow them to survive. In addition, if the children do not know where to go after school, there are reception centers where they can do their homework until their parents finish work. Llachay will offer sports scholarships and vocational formation, will distribute school kits, materials for starting small businesses, shelter homes, free legal assistance. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 28/11/2012)
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today
- 2014-09-05 - Elections: Bishops concerned about serious signs of corruption and distrust in politics
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"