ASIA/CHINA - "Run for the charitable works of the Church": 80 Chinese nuns at the Beijing International Marathon
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - "Come on nuns, run for the charitable works of the Church" was the loudest voice that heard during the Beijing International Marathon held yesterday, November 27. And the 80 nuns who ran to raise awareness and promote the charitable works were the most beautiful images of 30 thousand participants.
As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, the 80 religious women from 16 Chinese provinces, participated in the Beijing International Marathon racing for 30 charity projects. They ran for the elderly, the poor, disabled children, orphans, and for all the good works that the Church has entrusted to them, as confirmed by Sister Yu Chun Jing, of the Congregation of the Souls in purgatory of Xing Tai, who was one of the first nuns who has participated in the marathon since 2009 and continues to run today, as was confirmed during a press conference on November 23 in the presence of all major Chinese and foreign newspapers.
In addition Jinde Charity, the Chinese Catholic charitable organizer of "Run for the charitable works of the Church" has also sensitized the Catholic community in Beijing to promote the initiative and support projects. During the Mass celebrated on November 24 in the parish of the Immaculate Conception, the faithful gathered ¥ 17,399 (about € 2,400).
The official website of the Marathon has a space dedicated to the "2012 Run for Charity" with the articles of the nuns who present their works destined to the elderly, the sick, the disabled children and orphans. In 2009 there were only 10 nuns of two provinces who participated in the marathon just out of curiosity, and in 2010 there were 44 nuns for 13 charity projects; in 2011, the year in which the initiative "Run for the charitable works of the Church," was officially launched, 52 nuns (along with 4 priests and 2 seminarians) for 14 projects participated, also seven nuns and a priest ran 42,195 km in just over 5 hours (5 nuns are the from the congregation, the Servants of the Holy Spirit). (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 28/11/2012)
- 2013-05-21 ASIA/CHINA - "Strong in tribulation, constant in prayer": a booklet to pray for Chinese Catholics
- 2013-05-02 ASIA/CHINA - DEEPEST CONDOLENCES FROM MGR. SAVIO HON TAI FAI FOR THE DEATH OF BISHOP JIN
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/CHINA - "Lightning of the East" in the sky of the Chinese Christians
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/CHINA - The death of Mgr.Thomas Qian Yurong. A man of simple faith
- 2013-03-15 ASIA/CHINA - "Pope Francis, we are looking forward to having you in China": Chinese Catholics welcome Pope Francis with great enthusiasm and happiness
- 2013-03-13 ASIA/CHINA - The old restored church in the city of Hai Kou of the Diocese of Hai Nan consecrated and opened
- 2013-03-07 ASIA/CHINA – Itinerant priest in remote communities
- 2013-03-04 ASIA/CHINA - With faith and the Word of God, the Diocese of Bao Ding lives Lent in the Year of Faith
- 2013-02-28 ASIA/CHINA - Over two thousand faithful at the Lectio Divina
- 2013-02-25 ASIA/CHINA - Mainland Catholic community walks intensely spiritual path marked by faith and evangelisation