AMERICA/MEXICO - The Bishop of Aguascalientes does not accept the U.S.A. Report on security
Aguascalientes (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of the Diocese of Aguascalientes, His Exc. Mgr. José María de la Torre Martin, has strongly rejected a report by the State Department of the United States, where it is stated that 19 places in Mexico are referred to as "unsafe" to be visited by American tourists. The Bishop said that the North Americans of the United States "are to blame for the violence and suffering in our Country, because they deliver arms and money, and we our blood and deaths." Mgr. de la Torre Martin also used a biblical phrase for this situation: "Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own."
As reported to Fides the Bishop of Aguascalientes issued these statements in the Diocesan Seminary, in an unplanned meeting with the local press during the visit of the Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre, who spoke to about 400 priests of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement who were participating in the spiritual retreat.
According to the letter received by Fides Agency the Bishop said: "I do not care much what the United States says about the insecurity of other countries, because they to not distinguish themselves primarily to be 'ambassadors of peace', and certainly do not follow the 'example of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, kind, caring and generous. "
Mgr. José María de la Torre Martin is participating in a retreat on the theme "Evangelized and evangelizers in the power of the Holy Spirit." In addition to the Apostolic Nuncio, His Exc. Mgr. Rino Fisichella, President of the Pontifical Council for the New Evangelization and Salvatore Martinez, President of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement in the Holy Spirit in Italy intervened as speakers, too. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/11/2012)
- 2013-05-16 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty and unemployment for about 13 million women
- 2013-05-14 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Do not use the church for political interests," warns the Bishop of Veracruz
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/MEXICO – Bishop’s appeal for dialogue in order to resolve the teachers’ strike
- 2013-05-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - Today the funeral of the 24 who died in the fire, Pope Francis united in prayer for the tragedy
- 2013-05-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - Persecution against migrants increases, Mgr. Arizmendi’s complaint
- 2013-05-02 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty is treated with a supportive economy
- 2013-04-30 AMERICA/MEXICO - Four priests lose their lives in a tragic accident
- 2013-04-26 AMERICA/MEXICO - Drug addiction, HIV, salmonella, tuberculosis: street children’s health at risk
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/MEXICO - Torture, rape and disappearances for a total of 48,300 missing persons
- 2013-04-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - A casino in front of the Church: the Bishop opposes