AMERICA/PERU - The first stone of the new church dedicated to San. Pedro and San. Pablo in Ichu was blessed
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - On November 21 the "first stone" of a new church dedicated to San Pedro and San Pablo in Ichu, a town located 15 km south of the city of Puno (Peru) was blessed. A source of Fides reports that mothers brought their children, and men stopped working in the fields after hearing the bell of the old church, which is still in use and that every Sunday welcomes the faithful of Ichu, in order to participate in the laying of the first stone of the new temple. The inhabitants of the rural area must travel more than 15 kilometers on foot to attend Mass every Sunday, and many times they are not even able to enter the old church because it is small.
His Exc. Mgr. Jorge Pedro Carrion Pavlich, Bishop of the Diocese of Puno, presided over the rite of blessing and laying of the first stone. The construction is promoted by the local Church with the international organization "Fe y Alegria", working in Peru since 1966, working with the community of believers in the option for the poor, according to the principles of dialogue and respect, to promote the outcasts of society. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/11/2012)
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo