AMERICA/PERU - The first stone of the new church dedicated to San. Pedro and San. Pablo in Ichu was blessed
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - On November 21 the "first stone" of a new church dedicated to San Pedro and San Pablo in Ichu, a town located 15 km south of the city of Puno (Peru) was blessed. A source of Fides reports that mothers brought their children, and men stopped working in the fields after hearing the bell of the old church, which is still in use and that every Sunday welcomes the faithful of Ichu, in order to participate in the laying of the first stone of the new temple. The inhabitants of the rural area must travel more than 15 kilometers on foot to attend Mass every Sunday, and many times they are not even able to enter the old church because it is small.
His Exc. Mgr. Jorge Pedro Carrion Pavlich, Bishop of the Diocese of Puno, presided over the rite of blessing and laying of the first stone. The construction is promoted by the local Church with the international organization "Fe y Alegria", working in Peru since 1966, working with the community of believers in the option for the poor, according to the principles of dialogue and respect, to promote the outcasts of society. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/11/2012)
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today