VATICAN - Pope’s appeal for the Middle East "troubled by too many clashes"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - At the end of today's general audience, the Holy Father Benedict XVI appealed for an end to violence in the Middle East: "I am following with great concern the escalation of violence between Israelis and Palestinians of the Gaza Strip. Along with the prayerful support for the victims and for those who suffer, I feel obliged to reiterate once again that hatred and violence are not the solution to the problems. I also encourage the initiatives and efforts of those who are trying to obtain a ceasefire and to promote negotiations. I also urge the authorities of both Parties to adopt bold decisions in favor of peace and to put an end to a conflict with negative repercussions throughout the Middle East Region, troubled by too many fights and in need of peace and reconciliation." (SL) (Agenzia Fides 21/11/2012)
- 2013-05-23 VATICAN - The Pope prays for Catholics in China on the feast of Our Lady of Sheshan
- 2013-05-20 VATICAN - The Pope launches "Missio", an "App" for smartphones with Fides news
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - "The PMS, concrete sign for the special attention to the young Churches," Cardinal Filoni at the audience with Pope Francis
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - The Holy Father's Speech addressed to the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-14 VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
- 2013-05-13 VATICAN - "It is necessary to review the methods of evangelization": Cardinal Filoni at the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-08 VATICAN - Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies, from May 13 to 18
- 2013-04-22 VATICAN - "Finding the right and peaceful paths to overcome the crisis," Pope's appeal for Venezuela
- 2013-04-18 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni: dialogue between religions in Asia "for the common good"
- 2013-04-17 VATICAN - Pope Francis: to evangelize, baptism is enough