AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Church calls on the population to participate in the census, civic duty and a tool for the development of society
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - The Catholic Church calls on the Bolivian population to participate in the national Census, because it is a "civic duty", and calls on the authorities and population to make every effort for this important event. "As expressed several times, the Catholic Church encourages the Bolivian population to actively participate in the census on 21 November, as it is an instrument for the development of our society," said the statement sent to Fides Agency. "We reject any attempt to boycott this day by some groups," said His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Auxiliary Bishop of El Alto, Secretary General of the Bolivian Episcopal Conference in the presentation of the statement.
Even His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Gualberti, Coadjutor Bishop of Santa Cruz, delivered Cardinal Julio Terrazas’ message, who asked the population to participate in the Census providing real data and without lying. Mgr. Gualberti, also asked the authorities to use these data in a transparent way. He then added that the census is "a very important way that gives us the opportunity to learn more objectively the reality of our country, of our regions, cities and towns, 11 years after the last census." "Only if we do it with freedom, we can expect that the results help us to create public policies to respond and meet the needs of all Bolivians" he concluded. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/11/2012)
- 2013-04-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Theft in the churches: Cardinal Terrazas responds to Morales
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - A happy world for street children
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Church in the TIPNIS, "a missionary presence committed to human promotion"
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Domestic violence for almost 83% of children in the country
- 2013-04-11 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "A missionary Church always communicates the truth": 95th Assembly of Bishops
- 2013-01-18 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The first indigenous Bishop consecrated in Santa Cruz: a man born, raised and formed in this land
- 2013-01-09 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Clarification on the properties of the Apostolic Vicariate of Beni in TIPNIS
- 2012-12-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Irregularities in the consultation of the Tipnis have been found
- 2012-11-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Even the Catholic Church in the Inter-institutional Committee to prepare a report on the TIPNIS
- 2012-11-27 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Malnutrition and lack of health care and hygiene for children who live with their parents in prisons