AMERICA/PERU- Forced labor for 200 000 children in the region of Puno
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - According to the complaints of the Regional Committee for the Prevention and Eradication of Child Labour of the Regional Directorate of Labour of Puno, in Peru, 200,000 children are forced to work in the region. The head of the Committee, through a note to the press, said that most of these children are being exploited, in the construction companies, transport, mining and agriculture. In addition, children between 14 and 18 years of age, with parental permission, are engaged in 'lighter' work in restaurants, pubs and shops. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2012)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking