AMERICA/PERU- Forced labor for 200 000 children in the region of Puno
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - According to the complaints of the Regional Committee for the Prevention and Eradication of Child Labour of the Regional Directorate of Labour of Puno, in Peru, 200,000 children are forced to work in the region. The head of the Committee, through a note to the press, said that most of these children are being exploited, in the construction companies, transport, mining and agriculture. In addition, children between 14 and 18 years of age, with parental permission, are engaged in 'lighter' work in restaurants, pubs and shops. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2012)
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth