AMERICA/PERU- Forced labor for 200 000 children in the region of Puno
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - According to the complaints of the Regional Committee for the Prevention and Eradication of Child Labour of the Regional Directorate of Labour of Puno, in Peru, 200,000 children are forced to work in the region. The head of the Committee, through a note to the press, said that most of these children are being exploited, in the construction companies, transport, mining and agriculture. In addition, children between 14 and 18 years of age, with parental permission, are engaged in 'lighter' work in restaurants, pubs and shops. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2012)
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas