AMERICA/PERU- Forced labor for 200 000 children in the region of Puno
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - According to the complaints of the Regional Committee for the Prevention and Eradication of Child Labour of the Regional Directorate of Labour of Puno, in Peru, 200,000 children are forced to work in the region. The head of the Committee, through a note to the press, said that most of these children are being exploited, in the construction companies, transport, mining and agriculture. In addition, children between 14 and 18 years of age, with parental permission, are engaged in 'lighter' work in restaurants, pubs and shops. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2012)
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps