ASIA/CHINA - The consecration of new churches, sign of faith and the maturity of the continental community
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - In the missionary month of October which has just ended, several parishes consecrated their new church, as an eloquent sign of faith, evangelization and also the maturity of the Catholic communities of the continent. As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, over a thousand faithful attended the consecration of the new church dedicated to the Apostle St. Paul, that is the parish of Sha Gou, in the diocese of Tai Yuan. The solemn ceremony took place on October 20, on the eve of World Mission Sunday. Three Bishops of neighboring dioceses, together with His Exc. Mgr. Meng Qing Wei, Coadjutor of the Diocese of Tai Yuan, presided at the consecration of the church, with 40 concelebrating priests. The new church has an area of 350 square meters, Gothic style and represents the community's commitment to spread the Gospel to every corner of the world.
Also during the missionary month, the parish of Nan Zhi Dao Hui of the Diocese of Wei Nan, consecrated the new church dedicated to Christ the King. His Exc. Mgr. Tong Chang Ping presided over the ceremony, concelebrated by 21 priests, where hundreds of faithful attended, together with members of the Third Franciscan Order, charitable parish Group and the faithful of other parishes that contributed to the construction of the sacred building. The greater part of the cost, about 200,000 yuan (30,000 euro), was covered by a zealous Catholic who had already built another church with his personal offerings. According to one of the priests present at the consecration, "This represents the great maturity, the growth of faith and missionary consciousness of our people."
Even the parish church dedicated to the Holy Glorious Cross in the Diocese of Tai Zhou, in the province of Jiang Su, consecrated its new church. His Exc. Mgr. Lu Xin Ping, Bishop of the Diocese of Nan Jing (Nanjing) presided at the Mass with the participation of over 2,000 faithful and civil authorities. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2012)
- 2013-05-21 ASIA/CHINA - "Strong in tribulation, constant in prayer": a booklet to pray for Chinese Catholics
- 2013-05-02 ASIA/CHINA - DEEPEST CONDOLENCES FROM MGR. SAVIO HON TAI FAI FOR THE DEATH OF BISHOP JIN
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/CHINA - "Lightning of the East" in the sky of the Chinese Christians
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/CHINA - The death of Mgr.Thomas Qian Yurong. A man of simple faith
- 2013-03-15 ASIA/CHINA - "Pope Francis, we are looking forward to having you in China": Chinese Catholics welcome Pope Francis with great enthusiasm and happiness
- 2013-03-13 ASIA/CHINA - The old restored church in the city of Hai Kou of the Diocese of Hai Nan consecrated and opened
- 2013-03-07 ASIA/CHINA – Itinerant priest in remote communities
- 2013-03-04 ASIA/CHINA - With faith and the Word of God, the Diocese of Bao Ding lives Lent in the Year of Faith
- 2013-02-28 ASIA/CHINA - Over two thousand faithful at the Lectio Divina
- 2013-02-25 ASIA/CHINA - Mainland Catholic community walks intensely spiritual path marked by faith and evangelisation