AMERICA/ECUADOR - Assembly of the Missionaries: to strengthen faith for the Permanent Mission and contribute to a New Evangelization.
Quito (Agenzia Fides) - The Commission for the Missions of the Ecuadorian Episcopal Conference organizes the General Assembly of the National Missionary Center and of the Pontifical Mission Societies, which will be held in the Centre of Social Formation "Bethany" in Quito, from November 13 to 15.
The Assembly, which will be a space for the meeting of all the missionaries present in Ecuador, proposes as first objective to motivate, form and strengthen the faith for the Permanent Mission in our country and to find ways to allow the missionaries to contribute to a New Evangelization.
In the note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference of Ecuador states that this meeting will also define dates and programs of the Diocesans Missionary Congress and the National Missionary Congress in preparation for CAM4 - COMLA 9. (Fourth American Missionary Congress and Ninth Latin American Missionary Congress).
They have already confirmed their participation in the Assembly of the diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Ecuador, the Superior Generals of religious Congregations present in Ecuador, and a group of lay people involved in the mission ad gentes in Ecuador.
The meeting will be inaugurated by His Exc. Mgr. Jesús Esteban Sádaba, Apostolic Vicar of Aguarico, President of the Commission for the Missions of the Episcopal Conference of Ecuador. Among the topics to be covered during the Assembly include: "Year of Faith", "New Evangelization", "The New Evangelization for the Transmission of the Christian faith." "The scenarios of the New Evangelization in society and in the Church in Ecuador." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/11/2012)
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The first Holy Colombian, big feast also in the Ande of Ecuador
- 2013-04-27 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Clashes amaong Indians and exploitation of the earth: for the Bishops it is "a conflict due to indifference"
- 2013-04-27 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The Church defends the Amazon environment, threatened by the interests of market
- 2013-04-09 AMERICA/ECUADOR - "A provocation to divide the community," the Archbishop denounces the protests of Evangelicals
- 2013-01-15 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The Bishops for the presidential elections, "the Christian should not adhere to ideological systems that oppose to the faith he professes"
- 2012-12-17 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The phenomenon of child labor spreads: in the streets, factories, fields
- 2012-11-16 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Controversy over a provision that hurts the religious sensibility of the sick
- 2012-11-12 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Assembly of the Missionaries: to strengthen faith for the Permanent Mission and contribute to a New Evangelization.
- 2012-10-31 AMERICA/ECUADOR - "Close stories to be listened far away": contest to promote radio stations
- 2012-10-26 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Ecuador in celebration for the beatification of the Missionary Sister, Mary Troncatti