AMERICA/ECUADOR - Assembly of the Missionaries: to strengthen faith for the Permanent Mission and contribute to a New Evangelization.
Quito (Agenzia Fides) - The Commission for the Missions of the Ecuadorian Episcopal Conference organizes the General Assembly of the National Missionary Center and of the Pontifical Mission Societies, which will be held in the Centre of Social Formation "Bethany" in Quito, from November 13 to 15.
The Assembly, which will be a space for the meeting of all the missionaries present in Ecuador, proposes as first objective to motivate, form and strengthen the faith for the Permanent Mission in our country and to find ways to allow the missionaries to contribute to a New Evangelization.
In the note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference of Ecuador states that this meeting will also define dates and programs of the Diocesans Missionary Congress and the National Missionary Congress in preparation for CAM4 - COMLA 9. (Fourth American Missionary Congress and Ninth Latin American Missionary Congress).
They have already confirmed their participation in the Assembly of the diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Ecuador, the Superior Generals of religious Congregations present in Ecuador, and a group of lay people involved in the mission ad gentes in Ecuador.
The meeting will be inaugurated by His Exc. Mgr. Jesús Esteban Sádaba, Apostolic Vicar of Aguarico, President of the Commission for the Missions of the Episcopal Conference of Ecuador. Among the topics to be covered during the Assembly include: "Year of Faith", "New Evangelization", "The New Evangelization for the Transmission of the Christian faith." "The scenarios of the New Evangelization in society and in the Church in Ecuador." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/11/2012)
- 2014-06-10 - Projects in favor of Children: day care, healthy eating, education
- 2014-05-07 - New assignments in the Episcopal Conference, always striving for the weakest
- 2014-03-14 - "Laity and religious freedom": the voice of the Church
- 2013-12-12 - "Adopt a project": people can redeem thanks to education
- 2013-11-15 - National Congress: Religious freedom and the public dimension of faith for the closing of the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-30 - Resignation of the Apostolic Vicar of Galapagos and appointment of successor
- 2013-10-14 - AMERICA/ECUADOR – Legalization of abortion, the President threatens to resign: the Church praises him
- 2013-09-16 - Commitment of the parish of Imantag for vulnerable people
- 2013-08-22 - Over 4 million working children engaged in high-risk activities
- 2013-08-09 - International Day of Indigenous Peoples: the demands of the indigenous of Ecuador