AFRICA/SUDAN - "Force Khartoum to stop the dropping bombs on civilians in the Nuba Mountains"
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - The residents of Kauda in the Nuba Mountains have called on the international community to pressurize the Sudanese government to stop dropping bombs on civilians. The Nuba Mountains are part of South Kordofan, State of Sudan on the border with South Sudan, where rebels of the SPLM-N (Sudan People's Liberation Movement, North) are fighting against the army of Khartoum.
Sudanese Air forces have been bombing civilian targets in SPLM-N controlled areas by the rebels since the outbreak of war in June 2011.
A resident said to the Sudan Catholic Network that random air bombardments are meant to terrorize people by targeting schools, farms and markets. He added that the government wants to destroy the people of Nuba Mountains.
Another resident added that the bombs killed thousands of innocent lives, destroyed many farms and burnt crops. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 10/11/2012)
- 2013-11-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Armed militiamen attack farmers and take turns raping women farmers in North Darfur
- 2013-11-12 AFRICA/SUDAN - 7000 inhabitants in South Darfur do not have drinking water and basic services
- 2013-11-06 AFRICA/SUDAN - Air raid on a school in the area of the Nuba Mountains: people killed and wounded
- 2013-10-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Training courses for Sudanese teachers in refugee camps in Chad
- 2013-09-27 AFRICA/SUDAN - Dozens killed in clashes in Khartoum during the protests for the rise in fuel prices
- 2013-09-26 AFRICA/SUDAN - Increasing acts of intimidation against the Church
- 2013-09-25 AFRICA/SUDAN - No food for 10,000 displaced people in 18 months in West Darfur
- 2013-09-12 AFRICA/SUDAN - New bombings in the Nuba Mountains in Sudan and South Sudan have been denounced
- 2013-07-26 AFRICA/SUDAN - "Converted being tracked down"
- 2013-07-22 AFRICA/SUDAN - Humanitarian emergency in Kalma refugee camp in South Darfur