AFRICA/SUDAN - "Force Khartoum to stop the dropping bombs on civilians in the Nuba Mountains"
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - The residents of Kauda in the Nuba Mountains have called on the international community to pressurize the Sudanese government to stop dropping bombs on civilians. The Nuba Mountains are part of South Kordofan, State of Sudan on the border with South Sudan, where rebels of the SPLM-N (Sudan People's Liberation Movement, North) are fighting against the army of Khartoum.
Sudanese Air forces have been bombing civilian targets in SPLM-N controlled areas by the rebels since the outbreak of war in June 2011.
A resident said to the Sudan Catholic Network that random air bombardments are meant to terrorize people by targeting schools, farms and markets. He added that the government wants to destroy the people of Nuba Mountains.
Another resident added that the bombs killed thousands of innocent lives, destroyed many farms and burnt crops. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 10/11/2012)
- 2013-05-16 AFRICA/SUDAN - 25 victims in the umpteenth bombing in the Nuba Mountains
- 2013-05-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Chadian troops entered in Darfur, accusing a rebel movement
- 2013-04-05 AFRICA/SUDAN - The continuous bombing on villages in the Nuba Mountains aims to drive out the civilians
- 2013-03-13 AFRICA/SUDAN - The oil deal between Sudan and South Sudan is a prerequisite for the implementation of the agreements of 27 September
- 2013-02-21 AFRICA/SUDAN - Clashes in the Blue Nile area continue
- 2013-02-18 AFRICA/SUDAN - Are Islamists fleeing Mali finding refuge in Darfur?
- 2013-02-14 AFRICA/SUDAN - Talks between Sudan and South Sudan have been postponed
- 2013-01-24 AFRICA/SUDAN - "Stop the war in South Kordofan and Blue Nile" is what 350 African civil societies ask for
- 2013-01-07 AFRICA/SUDAN - Agreement between Sudan and South Sudan in Addis Ababa
- 2012-12-19 AFRICA/SUDAN - Khartoum has announced a major breakthrough in talks with Juba for border security