AFRICA/SUDAN - "Force Khartoum to stop the dropping bombs on civilians in the Nuba Mountains"
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - The residents of Kauda in the Nuba Mountains have called on the international community to pressurize the Sudanese government to stop dropping bombs on civilians. The Nuba Mountains are part of South Kordofan, State of Sudan on the border with South Sudan, where rebels of the SPLM-N (Sudan People's Liberation Movement, North) are fighting against the army of Khartoum.
Sudanese Air forces have been bombing civilian targets in SPLM-N controlled areas by the rebels since the outbreak of war in June 2011.
A resident said to the Sudan Catholic Network that random air bombardments are meant to terrorize people by targeting schools, farms and markets. He added that the government wants to destroy the people of Nuba Mountains.
Another resident added that the bombs killed thousands of innocent lives, destroyed many farms and burnt crops. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 10/11/2012)
- 2015-01-30 - Humanitarian aid denied in conflict areas: MSF forced to close activities
- 2015-01-14 - Hunger and cold temperatures continue to cause deaths in North Darfur
- 2014-12-17 - Twenty new radio stations in Darfur and South Kordofan
- 2014-12-04 - AFRICA/SUDAN – Police raid Evangelical church in Khartoum
- 2014-11-12 - AFRICA/SUDAN – Alarm: haemorrhagic fever in Southern Kordofan
- 2014-10-01 - Epidemics and food shortages in refugee camps in Kass, South Darfur
- 2014-09-24 - Severe floods are affecting tens of thousands of new refugees in Darfur
- 2014-09-05 - AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN – Appeal for embargo on arms entering South Sudan, grave humanitarian crisis impending
- 2014-07-21 - AFRICA/SUDAN – Sudan bans the construction of new churches
- 2014-07-14 - Stop to the building of churches by the authorities in Khartoum