AFRICA/SUDAN - "Force Khartoum to stop the dropping bombs on civilians in the Nuba Mountains"
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - The residents of Kauda in the Nuba Mountains have called on the international community to pressurize the Sudanese government to stop dropping bombs on civilians. The Nuba Mountains are part of South Kordofan, State of Sudan on the border with South Sudan, where rebels of the SPLM-N (Sudan People's Liberation Movement, North) are fighting against the army of Khartoum.
Sudanese Air forces have been bombing civilian targets in SPLM-N controlled areas by the rebels since the outbreak of war in June 2011.
A resident said to the Sudan Catholic Network that random air bombardments are meant to terrorize people by targeting schools, farms and markets. He added that the government wants to destroy the people of Nuba Mountains.
Another resident added that the bombs killed thousands of innocent lives, destroyed many farms and burnt crops. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 10/11/2012)
- 2014-04-02 - At least 15 villages have been looted in Kutum
- 2014-03-12 - 46 missing children in the desert after the latest attacks in South Darfur have been found
- 2014-02-01 - "Let us not forget the suffering of the peoples of Sudan", says the Church
- 2014-01-10 - Anemia, typhoid, diarrhea and cough are the causes for thousands of deaths in South Darfur
- 2013-12-13 - 25% less aid to 6 million Sudanese in difficulty
- 2013-12-12 - The military hospitals refuse to treat the militiamen
- 2013-11-15 - Armed militiamen attack farmers and take turns raping women farmers in North Darfur
- 2013-11-12 - 7000 inhabitants in South Darfur do not have drinking water and basic services
- 2013-11-06 - Air raid on a school in the area of the Nuba Mountains: people killed and wounded
- 2013-10-15 - Training courses for Sudanese teachers in refugee camps in Chad