AMERICA/PERU - "Being able to read, listen, see": a Congress on the ethical responsibility of spectators
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Second International Congress of infoethics 2012 will begin today, November 8, and will end on Saturday, November 10. It will focus on the ethical responsibility of the public. "Much has been discussed on participation, the role and impact of the work of the communicator or the media in society; but very little has been said on the attitude or behavior of the public before the media messages" is what is read in the note of presentation sent to Fides Agency. For this reason, the School of Communication at the Catholic University of Santo Toribio of Mogrovejo considered important to concentrate the Second International Congress on this issue, namely how people should act before the messages received each day through radio, television, newspapers or the Internet.
Specialists from Peru, Mexico and Spain will guide the Congress, which will address the central theme of the responsibility of the public: in fact, its ethical responsibility is not only to put pressure on the media forcing them to self-regulate their content, but the viewer must also acquire clear criteria, enlightened by human dignity in order to be able to read, listen and see the media content. Moreover, in the era of globalization, all people become simultaneously users and operators of communication.
The initiative of the Peruvian Catholic University was founded in November 2010, when the International Congress of infoethics of "Person. Dignity. Communications" was organized, accepting Benedict XVI’s invitation so that "the media defends the person and his/her dignity." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/11/2012)
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps
- 2015-02-05 - In August, the beatification of three missionaries killed: the first martyrs of the diocese and Peru
- 2015-02-04 - The three missionaries killed in 1991 will be beatified because they were close to the poorest
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries