AMERICA/PERU - "Being able to read, listen, see": a Congress on the ethical responsibility of spectators
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Second International Congress of infoethics 2012 will begin today, November 8, and will end on Saturday, November 10. It will focus on the ethical responsibility of the public. "Much has been discussed on participation, the role and impact of the work of the communicator or the media in society; but very little has been said on the attitude or behavior of the public before the media messages" is what is read in the note of presentation sent to Fides Agency. For this reason, the School of Communication at the Catholic University of Santo Toribio of Mogrovejo considered important to concentrate the Second International Congress on this issue, namely how people should act before the messages received each day through radio, television, newspapers or the Internet.
Specialists from Peru, Mexico and Spain will guide the Congress, which will address the central theme of the responsibility of the public: in fact, its ethical responsibility is not only to put pressure on the media forcing them to self-regulate their content, but the viewer must also acquire clear criteria, enlightened by human dignity in order to be able to read, listen and see the media content. Moreover, in the era of globalization, all people become simultaneously users and operators of communication.
The initiative of the Peruvian Catholic University was founded in November 2010, when the International Congress of infoethics of "Person. Dignity. Communications" was organized, accepting Benedict XVI’s invitation so that "the media defends the person and his/her dignity." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/11/2012)
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today