AMERICA/BRAZIL - "Dialogue between the government and charitable institutions is of vital importance": the proposals of the participants in the forum of the CNBB
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - After two days of work, representatives of civil society organizations also presented yesterday afternoon, November 6, in Brasilia (DF), a few suggestions at the end of the Seminar "State and Society Relations." The proposals were presented to the Minister of the General Secretariat of the Presidency, Gilberto Carvalho, who attended the closing ceremony of the event. The note sent to Fides Agency by the CNBB informs that the Seminar, organized by the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), in coordination with various social organizations and Christian churches, brought together numerous experts and ended with 14 final proposals. They aim to encourage dialogue between the state and society, as well as meeting the needs of religious institutions and civil society organizations, so that they can continue their service to society.
According to the Secretary General of the CNBB, His Exc. Mgr. Leonardo Ulrich Steiner, the new framework should facilitate the action and dialogue with government agencies. "The document that we delivered to Minister Gilberto Carvalho is motivated by a concern to a decrease of our institutions in the service we provide to those in need. This happens for taxation and some decrees. Therefore establishing dialogue between the State and society is of vital importance. "
The Minister, in his final speech, reported that by the end of next week consultation process with regard to the legal framework should be reopened, and then brought to the Congress. "The political will of the government is to investigate the contribution of institutions involved in the assistance people," the CNBB statement said. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/11/2012)
- 2013-05-16 AMERICA/BRAZIL – Still victims because of the mismanagement of health care of indigenous peoples
- 2013-05-14 AMERICA/BRAZIL - India is at the center of the reflection for the Week of Prayer for the Unity of Brazilian Christians
- 2013-03-15 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Nearly 800,000 people have been killed by gunfire in the last 30 years
- 2013-03-01 AMERICA/BRAZIL - "The conflict over the land is also ruining our culture," say the indigenous communities
- 2013-02-20 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Fighting trafficking of women with international emergency telephone help lines
- 2013-02-15 AMERICA/BRAZIL - A parish in the heart of the Amazon for the Redemptorist missionaries
- 2013-02-15 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Protagonists of a strategic development: young people in the Fraternity Campaign 2013
- 2012-12-19 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Priest murdered during a robbery
- 2012-12-14 AMERICA/BRAZIL - New support to Mgr. Casaldáliga from the Chamber of Deputies
- 2012-12-10 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Mgr. Pedro Casaldáliga threatened again because he supports the indigenous Xavante