AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Year of Faith and national reality: 196th Assembly of Bishops
Asuncion (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of Paraguay gather for their 196th Ordinary Plenary Assembly which starts today, November 5 until Friday, November 9, at the headquarters of the Episcopal Conference in Asuncion. According to information sent to Fides Agency, during the Assembly the key issues of national and ecclesial reality will be addressed, the Bishops will also evaluate the reports and programs of the Episcopal Commissions such as the Commission for the Family, that of the Continental Permanent Mission and that of the Year of Faith. A new examination of the process is marked by the creation of the Science Academy for Life and Family. The reports submitted by the Catholic University, the National Major Seminary and the Institute of Theology will also be assessed. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/11/2012)
- 2015-03-04 - The appeal of 450 thousand working children: "We do not want to be exploited"
- 2014-12-09 - On the feast day of Our Lady of Caacupé bishop denounces corruption and drug trafficking
- 2014-12-04 - Paraguayan Missionaries join fellow Paraguayans in Argentina to celebrate Our Lady of Caacupé
- 2014-12-01 - Novena to Our Lady of Caacupé, opportunity to reflect on the rights of the defenseless and the responsibilities of politicians
- 2014-11-25 - The Church is not discouraged because of the drug trade, it will continue to fight for justice and peace
- 2014-11-14 - In defense of family rights: draft law rejected
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' Conference asks to "put a stop to corruption"
- 2014-11-07 - The Bishops in defense of indigenous people appeal to the InterAmerican Commission on Human Rights
- 2014-10-06 - Thousands of children abused and forced to live on the street
- 2014-09-29 - The natives are victims of poverty and racism