AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Year of Faith and national reality: 196th Assembly of Bishops
Asuncion (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of Paraguay gather for their 196th Ordinary Plenary Assembly which starts today, November 5 until Friday, November 9, at the headquarters of the Episcopal Conference in Asuncion. According to information sent to Fides Agency, during the Assembly the key issues of national and ecclesial reality will be addressed, the Bishops will also evaluate the reports and programs of the Episcopal Commissions such as the Commission for the Family, that of the Continental Permanent Mission and that of the Year of Faith. A new examination of the process is marked by the creation of the Science Academy for Life and Family. The reports submitted by the Catholic University, the National Major Seminary and the Institute of Theology will also be assessed. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/11/2012)
- 2015-11-04 - "Drug trafficking affects justice in the country", says the President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-07-20 - "Why are we so inhuman towards each other?" Asks Mgr. Gimenez denouncing violence
- 2015-06-18 - AMERICA/PARAGUAY – Urgent need to eradicate child labor, which is dangerous and harmful to physical and mental development
- 2015-05-15 - Archbishop Valenzuela Mellid: "We all have to be responsible in carrying out our duties"
- 2015-05-07 - The Church condemns the criminal violence that killed three people and a politician
- 2015-04-27 - Indigenous people live in poverty but maintain their traditions
- 2015-03-04 - The appeal of 450 thousand working children: "We do not want to be exploited"
- 2014-12-09 - On the feast day of Our Lady of Caacupé bishop denounces corruption and drug trafficking
- 2014-12-04 - Paraguayan Missionaries join fellow Paraguayans in Argentina to celebrate Our Lady of Caacupé
- 2014-12-01 - Novena to Our Lady of Caacupé, opportunity to reflect on the rights of the defenseless and the responsibilities of politicians