AMERICA/ECUADOR - "Close stories to be listened far away": contest to promote radio stations
Quito (Agenzia Fides) - The World Association of Community Radio in Latin America and the Caribbean (AMARC ALC), the Latin American Association of Radio Education (ALER) and the Cultural Association Bostezo, have invited community radio, the popular and educational stations of Latin American countries, to participate in the Latin American Prize of radio production "Close stories to be listened far away."
According to the note sent to Fides Agency by ALER, the purpose of the competition is to promote international social work and cultural heritage of these radio stations and these groups, as well as promoting the production of radio programs to be spread through the Spanish and Latin American stations. Each participant may present a short program in which the theme or the social, environmental and/or cultural life of their community or town is made known, then to be spread through international radio channels. The themes must present a real situation on the following areas: Environment, Culture, radio communication rights stations, Migration and borders, Human rights and peace. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/10/2012)
- 2015-08-01 - Papal altar to serve as parish church
- 2015-07-08 - "We also want to be missionaries" says the indigenous representative to the Pope
- 2015-07-07 - The Pope's visit "will mark a before and after with regards to the situation in the country"
- 2015-07-06 - 10 000 from Santo Domingo to Quito for the Pope's Mass
- 2015-06-26 - Still demonstrations against President Correa
- 2015-06-17 - Bishops: dialogue is the only path to find solutions, violence is always destructive
- 2015-04-17 - Floods favor the spread of the chikungunya virus
- 2015-01-29 - The country remembers "the Bishop of the Indios"
- 2014-10-21 - Indigenous people continue to be discriminated against, undernourished and not protected
- 2014-10-01 - Family Week in Guayaquil, wealth and renewal of society