ASIA/HONG KONG - The Dominican Sisters of Maryknoll celebrate 100 years of foundation thanking the Lord for the "missionary miracles carried out"
Hong Kong (Agenzia Fides) - Thank the Lord for his love and "missionary miracles carrried out" in a hundred years of missionary journey: in this spirit, the Dominican Sisters of Maryknoll in Hong Kong celebrated the 100th anniversary of the founding of the institute on Saturday, October 27. In the parish of Santa Teresa, near the house of nuns, a solemn Mass was concelebrated by 13 priests, attended by nearly a thousand faithful. In Hong Kong, 18 women religious currently work in this congregation. As part of the celebrations for the centenary, the following day, October 28, in New York, there was the screening of the documentary Trailblazers, which narrates one hundred years of evangelization of the nuns in Hong Kong and around the world, especially in the educational, health and social justice field. All the proceeds of the film will go to the missions of the Maryknoll Sisters.
The Dominican Sisters of Maryknoll, founded in 1912, were the first group of Catholic nuns in the United States to work abroad. Today there are about 600, with different cultural backgrounds: one third of them come from 22 nations of Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe. They carry out their mission in a variety of fields in 30 countries around the world, including health care and medicine, communications, education, agriculture, social services, spiritual formation. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 30/10/2012)
- 2013-03-08 ASIA/HONG KONG - Cardinal John Tong encourages catechumens to participate actively in evangelization
- 2013-02-22 ASIA/HONGKONG - Pilgrimage with relics of St Vincent de Paul
- 2013-02-19 ASIA/HONGKONG - Church in perfect harmony with the Pope’s Message for World Communications Day
- 2013-02-15 ASIA/HONGKONG - "From Sacred Scripture to Jesus Christ": Pastoral Letter for Lent
- 2013-02-14 ASIA/HONG KONG - Catholic school students - an active part in the Chinese New Year Fair
- 2013-02-04 ASIA/HONG KONG - "We are all missionaries": the way of WYD in Hong Kong sponsored by the Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese begins
- 2013-02-01 ASIA/HONG KONG - The Catholic Biblical Association of Hong Kong celebrates 40 years of pastoral service
- 2013-01-25 ASIA/HONG KONG - Day of Volunteering promotes the hospital pastoral care in the Year of Faith
- 2013-01-23 ASIA/HONG KONG - "Faith grows in Love" theme of the Lenten Campaign of the Year of Faith
- 2013-01-18 ASIA/HONG KONG - The commitment of young people in Hong Kong for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity