AFRICA/MADAGASCAR - A dispensary and a center for the disabled have been inaugurated, a light of hope for the people of Madagascar
Antananarivo (Agenzia Fides) - Two works at the service of the weakest representing hope for a better future for the people of Madagascar. This is the dispensary St. Luigi Orione in Miandrarivo and the House of Charity for the disabled in Antsofinondry, just inaugurated in Madagascar by the Superior General of the Little Work of Divine Providence (Don Orione), Fr. Flavio Peloso. A statement sent to Fides Agency says that the dispensary was built in the city of Miandrarivo, a rural town of about 3000 inhabitants, 27 km away from Faratsiho. The inhabitants have some essential services of medicine. In particular, the maternity ward and dentistry are active, in addition to the laboratory for analysis and ultrasound, a pharmacy and 10 beds for the most serious cases. The House of Charity for the disabled, opened in Antsofinondry, Diocese of Antananarivo, was dedicated to Saint Pio of Pietrelcina. It is a modern structure that will welcome people with disabilities in the region with various diseases and a dispensary open to the public, with a doctor and pharmacy. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 25/10/2012)
- 2015-06-16 - No to impeachment against the President; one is moving towards the formation of a new government
- 2015-05-28 - The President denies the motion for dismissal, the Bishops denounce "the culture of corruption"
- 2015-05-27 - "We are going back to chaos," says a missionary after the vote to remove the President
- 2015-04-29 - Half the population has no access to drinking water, 4,000 children die every year
- 2014-11-26 - Nearly two million children have dropped out of school to work
- 2014-07-10 - Catholic priest taken hostage by bandits has been released
- 2014-01-17 - Hery Rajaonarimampianina is the new Head of State
- 2013-12-21 - 5 million people exposed to plague
- 2013-11-21 - The Bishops: "heal the wounds caused by the political crisis"
- 2013-10-10 - In the wake of the cyclone Haruna