AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - A Camillian from Burkina Faso dies at the age of 21, on the 45th day of his first religious profession
Ouagadougou (Agenzia Fides) - At the age of 21, Dimitri Dambre, a young religious Camillian from Burkina Faso, died on the 45th day of his religious profession on October 22. The news was sent to Fides Agency by the General Curia of the Camillians. The youngest of a large Catholic family of eight children, after obtaining his primary studies (CEP), he entered the St. Camille Juvenat where he continued his human, intellectual and spiritual growth. After the first cycle of studies, he was admitted to the year of spirituality to deepen his vocation. After this experience, he continued the formation as a postulant. With the scientific baccalaureate of the July session in 2010 the door of true religious formation was opened to Dimitri. He left the example of a young man full of love for liturgy and song. He loved to enliven the evening entertainment with dances and songs. His teachers noticed in him his good will and joy of living in community with his brothers and accepted, in spite of his poor health as he was a carrier of hepatitis B virus, his application for the pre-novitiate. With six other young people they were the first to experience the Camillian Pre-novitiate in Burkina. The canonical novitiate began on September 6, 2011. He was the youngest of a group of 17 Camillian novices with whom on 7 September 2012 he made his first religious profession. Upon returning from vacation on September 30, he showed signs of tiredness. After two weeks of malaria he was admitted to hospital, where he died on Monday, October 22, 2012, shortly before his 22nd birthday, the 45th day of his first religious vows. His fellow novitiate affectionately called him "the 45th" because it was the 45th member of the community. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 25/10/2012)
- 2015-10-05 - "We are all called to work for reconciliation" says Cardinal Ouédraogo after the failed coup
- 2015-10-02 - Leader of the coup surrenders; today a day of prayer for peace in the Country
- 2015-09-28 - Coup leaders retreat: the role of the king of the Mossi in the resolution of the crisis
- 2015-09-23 - An agreement with the coup leaders has been reached; Bishops: "do not destroy the expectations of the people"
- 2015-09-22 - Burkina Faso's army has given coup leaders an ultimatum to surrender
- 2015-09-17 - "A predictable coup since Compaoré's praetorian guard was not dissolved" say Fides sources
- 2015-09-07 - Bishops' message for the 11 October elections: "Politics, the highest form of charity"
- 2015-07-15 - Caritas launches the program of consolidation of democracy in view of the elections in October
- 2015-02-09 - Demonstrations for the dissolution of the presidential guard
- 2014-12-17 - The Camilliani committed to face the threat of Ebola virus