ASIA/PAKISTAN - One woman out of 89 and 500 children die every day from diseases related to pregnancy
Peshawar (Agenzia Fides) - In Pakistan, one woman out of 89 dies every day from diseases associated with pregnancy, over 500 babies die due to lack of adequate maternal and neonatal health care (MNH), particularly in the Tribal Areas of the Federal Administration (FATA), Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. These findings emerge from an evaluation study carried out by SoSec Consulting Services in collaboration with the Research and Advocacy Fund (RAF) to identify the health services in the most turbulent areas, especially for those who have limited access or no access at all. Natural disasters, economic and political situations in the tribal areas and in some parts of Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, social barriers, very limited mobility for women, lack of transportation, lack of knowledge concerning health services, population displacement, damaged health facilities poverty, high prices related to private health services, are the causes of the lack of maternal and newborn health care, which help to increase mortality. To minimize the number of deaths of women and newborns efforts should be focused on restoring assistance and on improving the situation of law and order in these areas, in order to mitigate the suffering of people in need. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 24/10/2012)
- 2013-05-22 ASIA/PAKISTAN - A Catholic student killed in the village of Kushpur
- 2013-05-21 ASIA/PAKISTAN - New Violence against Christians in South Punjab: appeal to politics
- 2013-05-20 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Pentecost for Christians in Pakistan: "United in diversity"
- 2013-05-15 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Damage to the church and bishop wounded in the attack in Quetta
- 2013-05-13 ASIA/PAKISTAN - The Church: "Democracy strengthens: constructive dialogue with the new Premier"
- 2013-05-10 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Bishops' Appeal for the elections: "Vote for those who promote harmony"
- 2013-05-08 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Threats to a Christian NGO committed to a transparent policy and the participation of women
- 2013-04-25 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Every year, 87,000 children die from preventable diseases
- 2013-04-22 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Caritas in Quetta to help the earthquake victims in Baluchistan
- 2013-04-18 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Christian youth killed by a Muslim after a fight: the police is covering the murderer