EUROPE/POLAND - "Missionary workshops" dedicated to the Year of Faith
Czestochowa (Agenzia Fides) - "Faith is strengthened when it is announced" was the theme of the "missionary workshops" dedicated to the Year of Faith and Missionary Week, which took place on October 20 at the Metropolitan Curia in Czestochowa. According to information sent to Fides Agency, the workshops were attended by missionary animators, members of the missionary voluntary and of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of the Archdiocese of Czestochowa. The guests who atended the workshops were Sister Anna Siudak, of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, head of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle in Warsaw, and Fr Mariusz Frukacz, editor of the Catholic weekly 'Niedziela' and member of the Pontifical Missionary Union (PMU). "The most important and most beautiful task of the Church is to preach the Gospel. In order to stand firm in the Church one must first know Christ," said Fr. Jacek Gancarek, Diocesan Director of the PMS in Czestochowa in his speech, also emphasizing the importance of praying the Rosary for the missions.
Sister Anna Siudak stressed the need to talk about the missionary issues of the young, as "personal testimony is important to promote the missionary activity of the Church," which is accompanied by the creation of websites on missions and activities of the missionaries. "Today, the Internet offers a possibility: using the modern means of social communication we can realize the missionary mandate of Christ to go and preach the gospel to all the world," said Fr. Frukacz. The workshops were concluded with the Holy Mass for the mission and missionaries celebrated in the Church of the Holy Name of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
During the Missionary Week, from October 22 to 28, in the Archdiocese of Czestochowa missionary workshops will be organized for schools at the Marian Shrine of Myszkow-Mrzyglód, which will also be attended Fr Tomasz Atlas, National Director of the PMS, and Fr. Henryk Suchos, missionary in Brazil. 55 missionaries are currently working in the world of the Archdiocese of Czestochowa: 12 diocesan priests, 17 nuns, 22 men religious and four lay missionaries. (MF/SL) (Agenzia Fides 23/10/2012)
- 2013-01-22 EUROPE/POLAND - A missionary priest of Czestochowa sent to Kazakhstan
- 2012-12-06 EUROPE/POLAND - Prayer Vigil in Jasna Gora for the evangelization of the world
- 2012-11-30 EUROPE/POLAND - "With joy we announce faith to the whole world": pilgrimage and missiological session in Jasna Gora
- 2012-10-23 EUROPE/POLAND - "Missionary workshops" dedicated to the Year of Faith
- 2012-09-25 EUROPE/POLAND - The Rosary, a help for the missions, especially in the Year of Faith: Congress of the Rosary of the Archdiocese of Czestochowa
- 2012-07-11 EUROPE/POLAND - Seminarians and animators at missionary formation school
- 2012-06-01 EUROPE/POLAND - Missionary Day for hundreds of boys and girls of the PSMC dedicated to Blessed John Paul II
- 2012-04-12 EUROPE/POLAND - The Polish parliament is hosting an exhibition dedicated to Cardinal Kozlowiecki, a missionary in Zambia for 50 years
- 2012-02-14 EUROPE/POLAND - The new evangelization of Europe entrusted to the intercession of Saints Cyril and Methodius
- 2012-01-16 EUROPE/POLAND - Missionary Childhood: thousands of boys and girls have brought the Good News to 142thousand families in Tarnow