EUROPE/SPAIN - Two thousand children involved in fundraising for World Mission Sunday
Tui (Agenzia Fides) - More than two thousand children in the Diocese of Tui-Vigo, in the Province of Pontevedra, Spain, walked the city streets with the classic tin containers used for the collection in favour of World Mission Day, celebrated yesterday. Last year, Vigo collected 140 thousand euro, of the total 13 million recovered at a national level. The offers are intended for various projects of the Catholic missions. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/10/2012)
- 2015-03-02 - Not always employment is the way out of social exclusion
- 2015-02-26 - Despite the crisis, the PMS in Spain has increased the support for missions by 20%
- 2015-02-13 - "The way we treat immigrants today will leave a mark in our history"
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Missionaries victims of Ebola: we remember our missionaries, what they do and for whom they work
- 2014-10-31 - Alarm tuberculosis: outdated policies will not be able to stop the peak of TB drug-resistant strains
- 2014-10-31 - Caritas Spain receives an award "for the defense of the rights of the people"
- 2014-10-23 - Every year 100,000 Christians die because of religious persecution
- 2014-10-23 - Concerned about "our" problems, while thousands of people die every day