EUROPE/SPAIN - Two thousand children involved in fundraising for World Mission Sunday
Tui (Agenzia Fides) - More than two thousand children in the Diocese of Tui-Vigo, in the Province of Pontevedra, Spain, walked the city streets with the classic tin containers used for the collection in favour of World Mission Day, celebrated yesterday. Last year, Vigo collected 140 thousand euro, of the total 13 million recovered at a national level. The offers are intended for various projects of the Catholic missions. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/10/2012)
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa
- 2015-03-20 - Every minute a child dies due to lack of drinking water
- 2015-03-16 - Pastor of the Shrine of Virxe do Cristal killed
- 2015-03-10 - Migration: "The Church is the critical conscience before the authorities"
- 2015-03-02 - Not always employment is the way out of social exclusion
- 2015-02-26 - Despite the crisis, the PMS in Spain has increased the support for missions by 20%
- 2015-02-13 - "The way we treat immigrants today will leave a mark in our history"
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe