EUROPE/SPAIN - Two thousand children involved in fundraising for World Mission Sunday
Tui (Agenzia Fides) - More than two thousand children in the Diocese of Tui-Vigo, in the Province of Pontevedra, Spain, walked the city streets with the classic tin containers used for the collection in favour of World Mission Day, celebrated yesterday. Last year, Vigo collected 140 thousand euro, of the total 13 million recovered at a national level. The offers are intended for various projects of the Catholic missions. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/10/2012)
- 2015-07-23 - Trafficking of human persons, "flourishing business on the increase”
- 2015-07-17 - Priest stabbed to death on the doorstep
- 2015-07-07 - Cardinal Filoni in Burgos: "Can we say that the people of God today are missionary people?"
- 2015-05-21 - Hunger is not inevitable: 350 thousand children in the world against child malnutrition
- 2015-05-21 - Support for an alternative model for the regional economy developed by Caritas
- 2015-05-13 - Minerals, cause of conflicts in the world: NGOs ask the EU for "a strong law"
- 2015-04-24 - Migrants: disappointment for the CIE Regulation, approved a year ago and still unrealized
- 2015-04-21 - The Bishops in assembly: Mission, emigration and social crisis
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa