AFRICA/CONGO DR - "Different lines of investigation are being followed for the three Assumptionist fathers kidnapped" says to Fides the Bishop of Butembo-Beni
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - "We have several lines of investigation to get to find the three religious kidnapped, we must understand which is the right one," says to Fides Agency his Exc. Mgr. Melchisedec Sikuli Paluku, Bishop of Butembo-Beni (eastern Democratic Republic of Congo), in whose diocese three Assumptionist fathers (Augustinians of the Assumption) were kidnapped of Congolese nationality.
The three priests, Jean-Pierre Ndulani, Anselme Wasikundi and Edmond Bamutute were kidnapped around 9 pm on October 19 while they were in the parish of Notre-Dame des Pauvres in Mbau, 22 km from Beni and 70 km from the episcopal see of Butembo. "The parish where the religious were kidnapped is located in an area where there are several armed groups who commit acts of banditry of this kind," explains the Bishop. "We have asked the faithful to pray so that God touches the hearts of the kidnappers and release our fathers." "We have appealed to the general mobilization not only of the police and other security forces, but also to the population of the area to provide us with information on the kidnappers’ movements " says Mgr. Sikuli Paluku who concludes hoping to "get some more precise information during the course of day ". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 22/10/2012)
- 2013-04-17 AFRICA/DR CONGO - Congo Caritas in charge of distributing the funds of the national collection for the east
- 2013-04-09 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The South African troops have withdrawn from Bangui in the north of the Congo. Ready for revenge?
- 2013-04-03 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Jesuits’ initiative against weapons that fuel the crisis in the Great Lakes Region
- 2013-03-25 AFRICA/DR CONGO - A secessionist group sows terror in Lubumbashi
- 2013-03-20 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Hopes and interrogatives after the surrender of Bosco Ntaganda,
- 2013-03-07 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Fighting continues in North Kivu despite the agreements in Addis Ababa
- 2013-03-06 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The Addis Ababa Agreement greeted with suspicion by the Congolese but there is good news
- 2013-03-05 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The Bishops: "the respect for the constitutional order must be observed by all"
- 2013-03-01 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Violent clashes between factions of the M23
- 2013-02-25 AFRICA/ RD CONGO - “Integrate Framework Agreement for Congo” say NGOs