AMERICA/ECUADOR - Year of Faith and the new evangelization at the center of the Assembly of Bishops
Tungurahua (Agenzia Fides) – The CXXXII Plenary Assembly of Bishops of Ecuador, in the Casa Santa Marianita Baños (Ambato, Tungurahua) is still in progress. The central theme of this Assembly is the Year of Faith, which will join the pastoral planning of the various commissions that comprise the Ecuadorian Episcopal Conference. It will also make a tribute to the "Misiones Vascas" (diocesan missions of Spain) present in Ecuador.
His Exc. Mgr. René Coba Galarza, Auxiliary Bishop of Quito, opened the spiritual part of the meeting, on the afternoon of Monday 15, with a spiritual reflection, while the Eucharistic celebration today, October 16, is presided by His Exc. Mgr. Luis Cabrera Herrera, OFM, Archbishop of Cuenca and Vice President of the Episcopal Conference. The official opening of the work will be presided by the Apostolic Nuncio, Archbishop Mgr. Giacomo Guido Ottonello.
Mgr. Angel Sanchez, Bishop of Guaranda and Secretary General of the Episcopal Conference will present the program and working methods. During the meeting, there will be conferences related to the missionary topics and the new evangelization: "History of evangelization in Ecuador" (Mgr. José Vicente Eguiguren), "Scenarios for the new evangelization in society and in the Church in Ecuador" (by the economist Vicente Albornoz), "The teaching of the faith in the new evangelization" (Mgr. Julio Parrilla, Bishop of Loja). On Wednesday, October 17 Bishops of Ecuador will celebrate the Eucharist at the Shrine of Our Lady of Acqua Santa, then there will be a tribute of the Bishops to "Misiones Vascas" present in Ecuador. The Plenary Assembly will end on October 19. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/10/2012)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishops’ Assembly: commitments following visit of Pope Francis and preparation for the Holy Year of Mercy
- 2015-10-15 - Spanish missionary in Ecuador turns 100 on World Mission Day
- 2015-10-05 - Improving access to education for children
- 2015-09-29 - "Supportive and welcoming border": Ecuador and Peru against trafficking and exploitation
- 2015-08-01 - Papal altar to serve as parish church
- 2015-07-08 - "We also want to be missionaries" says the indigenous representative to the Pope
- 2015-07-07 - The Pope's visit "will mark a before and after with regards to the situation in the country"
- 2015-07-06 - 10 000 from Santo Domingo to Quito for the Pope's Mass
- 2015-06-26 - Still demonstrations against President Correa
- 2015-06-17 - Bishops: dialogue is the only path to find solutions, violence is always destructive