AMERICA/ECUADOR - Year of Faith and the new evangelization at the center of the Assembly of Bishops
Tungurahua (Agenzia Fides) – The CXXXII Plenary Assembly of Bishops of Ecuador, in the Casa Santa Marianita Baños (Ambato, Tungurahua) is still in progress. The central theme of this Assembly is the Year of Faith, which will join the pastoral planning of the various commissions that comprise the Ecuadorian Episcopal Conference. It will also make a tribute to the "Misiones Vascas" (diocesan missions of Spain) present in Ecuador.
His Exc. Mgr. René Coba Galarza, Auxiliary Bishop of Quito, opened the spiritual part of the meeting, on the afternoon of Monday 15, with a spiritual reflection, while the Eucharistic celebration today, October 16, is presided by His Exc. Mgr. Luis Cabrera Herrera, OFM, Archbishop of Cuenca and Vice President of the Episcopal Conference. The official opening of the work will be presided by the Apostolic Nuncio, Archbishop Mgr. Giacomo Guido Ottonello.
Mgr. Angel Sanchez, Bishop of Guaranda and Secretary General of the Episcopal Conference will present the program and working methods. During the meeting, there will be conferences related to the missionary topics and the new evangelization: "History of evangelization in Ecuador" (Mgr. José Vicente Eguiguren), "Scenarios for the new evangelization in society and in the Church in Ecuador" (by the economist Vicente Albornoz), "The teaching of the faith in the new evangelization" (Mgr. Julio Parrilla, Bishop of Loja). On Wednesday, October 17 Bishops of Ecuador will celebrate the Eucharist at the Shrine of Our Lady of Acqua Santa, then there will be a tribute of the Bishops to "Misiones Vascas" present in Ecuador. The Plenary Assembly will end on October 19. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/10/2012)
- 2014-03-14 - "Laity and religious freedom": the voice of the Church
- 2013-12-12 - "Adopt a project": people can redeem thanks to education
- 2013-11-15 - National Congress: Religious freedom and the public dimension of faith for the closing of the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-30 - Resignation of the Apostolic Vicar of Galapagos and appointment of successor
- 2013-10-14 - AMERICA/ECUADOR – Legalization of abortion, the President threatens to resign: the Church praises him
- 2013-09-16 - Commitment of the parish of Imantag for vulnerable people
- 2013-08-22 - Over 4 million working children engaged in high-risk activities
- 2013-08-09 - International Day of Indigenous Peoples: the demands of the indigenous of Ecuador
- 2013-08-02 - OCLACC Assembly: The Mission of communicators, promoting the spread of truth
- 2013-07-10 - Bishop Arellano launches the alarm concerning the new legislation on drug use, the country is divided