ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The death anniversary of Fr. Tentorio, "Reviving justice and to heal the wounded peace"
Arakan (Agenzia Fides) - On the first anniversary of the death of Fr. Fausto Tentorio, who was killed in Mindanao on 17 October 2011, "we are seeking to revive the peace justice to heal the wounded," says to Fides Agency, Fr. Peter Geremiah, PIME missionary, Fr. Fausto’s confrere, called by the Bishop of Kidapawan to replace him as coordinator of the development programs of the tribal people. Fr. Geremiah celebrates today in the church of Arakan (island of Mindanao), where Fr. Fausto lived, a Mass for his soul, with the participation of over a thousand faithful, mostly tribal. A long procession will then travel to the place where the missionary was killed, to lay 365 lit candles.
"Those who planned to kill Fr. Fausto wish to deny justice to him and to all victims of injustice. Those who were given the responsibility to carry out justice and refuse or fail to do so - even those who refuse to testify out of fear - become accomplices in the crime," the missionary explains to Fides. "Peace - he continues - is like a sensitive lover, wounded and deceived, which can be consoled and healed only by the embrace of true justice." P. Geremiah concludes: "Even the perpetrators and accomplices cannot find Peace because they remember the victim while awake or in their dreams. We pray for justice and peace because we believe that God can move the hearts of the most hardened criminals and the most corrupt or ineffective officials. When Jesus entered Jerusalem and many people were shouting 'Hosanna', some Pharisees asked Jesus to tell them to stop shouting!. Jesus replied, I tell you, if they were to keep silent, the stones would cry out." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 16/10/2012)
- 2013-04-25 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Bishops' Appeal: "Cherish the earth to save Mindanao"
- 2013-04-24 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The religious: " Government insufficient on ecology, human rights, corruption, land reform"
- 2013-04-16 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - General Elections: the Church traces the identikit of the "good candidate"
- 2013-03-04 ASIA/PHILIPPINES – The activist killed in Boracay was a lay Catholic of the Vincentian Family
- 2013-02-28 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The Church next to the tribals, in the face of abuses in the tourist paradise of Boracay
- 2013-01-30 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The Bishops on the upcoming elections: we need a law against political dynasties
- 2013-01-22 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The typhoon also has an impact on maternal and child health
- 2013-01-14 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Schools reopen after the typhoon but there is still no electricity
- 2012-12-19 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Fr. Mendes: "Caritas volunteers and doctors are in danger because of the Taliban’s fury"
- 2012-12-19 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - President Aquino will sign the Reproductive Health Bill within the year. For the Church, "he is like a dictator"