AMERICA/ EL SALVADOR - "Politics is discredited, it has to be retrieved" urges Mgr. Rosa Chavez
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - The auxiliary Bishop of San Salvador, Monsignor Gregorio Rosa Chavez, harshly criticized the behavior of the politicians who run the so-called "buy-sell will" in the political sphere. Since the first days of September, in fact the local press has widely reported on the events of the ARENA party, which asked its members to sign a document that contains policies of the party. Some members did not sign the document, others claimed their independence when voting, while others changed their party. Although there is no evidence, many politicians still seem undecided about what to do, and is thus the work of parliament is postponed, while the country is in need of immediate solutions. A proof of this is given by the election of the Attorney General, vacant post since the second week of September.
"The policy of the country is very discredited and has to be retrieved, because it is a noble profession": these are the words of Mgr. Rosa Chavez during a press conference, in which he commented on what is happening. According to the note sent to Fides Agency, the Auxiliary Bishop of San Salvador stressed that the country needs a new political class to guide the future of the nation: "Public officials at all levels, must meet their responsibilities, from the President of the Republic to the last mayor or alderman. The country is in crisis, it is in pieces, and to be able to rebuild it we need leaders with a great sense of responsibility, people who are worthy of trust." Mgr. Rosa Chavez also suggested that the selection of high officials, such as Attorney General, is carried out by a group of authoritative, independent, reliable people, with great love for the country and with the ability to carry out these tasks. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/10/2012)
AMERICA/ EL SALVADOR
- 2014-01-09 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Child abuse by parents or their guardians continue
- 2013-10-01 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Indigenous peoples continue to remain "invisible"
- 2013-08-12 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Canonization for Mgr. Romero, the Cuban Cardinal at the Eucharistic Congress
- 2013-07-08 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - "Everyone has to do their part in the peace process", Mgr. Rosa Chavez invites everyone to stop the violence in the country
- 2013-06-10 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - "Let us defend our water": Mgr. Escobar’s appeal
- 2013-05-15 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Truce or peace process, but the population still suffers violence, denounce the Bishops
- 2013-04-10 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - OAS and government together in the peace process, the truce between the gangs is a first step
- 2013-03-25 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Mgr. Romero was not a politician but a true pastor
- 2013-03-20 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Monsignor Romero, 33 years after his death the cause of beatification advances
- 2013-03-08 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - The truce between the gangs is a positive iniative, but more needs to be done