AFRICA/CHAD - Expulsion of the Bishop of Doba: "there seems to be an opening attitude towards dialogue on behalf of the government"
N'Djamena (Agenzia Fides) - "There is an openness to dialogue on behalf of the government to resolve Mgr. Russo’s situation in a positive way" sources of the local church in N'Djamena, capital of Chad, say to Fides where local authorities have announced the expulsion of Mgr.Michele Russo, Bishop of Doba, because during a homily he had criticized the management of oil revenues in the Country denouncing an unfair distribution. Mgr. Russo is a missionary Bishop, Combonian, of Italian nationality.
"Mgr. Russo’s homily was broadcast by a local radio station, but in the translation from the French to the Ngambay language it gave a translation which does not perfectly comply with the Bishop’s words, using words that Mgr. Russo did not use" say our sources that conclude hoping for "the continuation of good relations between Church and State." (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 13/10/2012)
- 2014-05-26 - Thousands of displaced children in the Central African Republic left without education
- 2014-03-27 - "We must choose between corruption and the generosity of the Christian faith": Message for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Pala
- 2014-01-30 - Christians and Muslims pray together for peace in Chad and Central Africa
- 2013-12-04 - Consecration of the cathedral of Mongo
- 2013-11-06 - "A school, a life" thousands of children without education condemned to poverty
- 2013-10-22 - AFRICA/CHAD – 75 years of the presence of the Capuchin Minor Friars in Chad and Central Africa
- 2013-07-19 - Emergency refugees, mostly children orphaned or separated from their parents
- 2013-01-02 - Mgr. Russo can return to Chad and guide the diocese of Doba
- 2012-10-31 - Catholic students ask the authorities to reconsider Mgr. Russo's expulsion
- 2012-10-18 - The children who emigrated finally reunited with their families