EUROPE/GERMANY - Experience communion among differences is possible if we remain in Christ, as the branches and the vine
Stuttgart (Agenzia Fides) - « "I am the vine, you are the branches"(Jn 15:5). Difference - the result of belonging? »: Jesus’ words taken from John’s Gospel and a question, inspired in particular by the reality of immigration accompanied the Scalabrini-Fest of Fruits, 2012. According to information sent to Fides Agency, the meeting was held from October 5 to 7 at the Center for Spirituality in Stuttgart of the Scalabrini Missionaries, in cooperation with the secular Scalabrini Missionaries.
At present, the mobility of people and the mingling of many cultural, linguistic and religious differences allow the need to find the foundations and the practicable ways for a future of peace and coexistence between peoples to grow, but also of authentic relationships among individuals and families. Among the 200 participants at the Scalabrini-Fest, representatives from all continents were present and, in addition to adults and children, there were many children and young people who live the experience of emigration.
The Forum of reflection allowed to explore the theme of the Festival. The Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Stuttgart, His Exc. Mgr. Thomas Maria Renz, responsible for pastoral youth and institutes of consecrated life, said the passage of John’s Gospel points out that we are deeply united in our diversity if we remain in Christ as branches joined to the vine, and receive the fruits of the Spirit, such as love, joy, peace: so we are no longer strangers, but we recognize ourselves as brothers and sisters. The Forum continued with the testimonies of the life of a secular missionary Scalabrinian in the encounter with the world of immigration and of a young married couple, he was from Cameroon and she was from Italy. Different vocations that, drawing from the same source of universal love - Jesus Christ crucified and risen -, proclaim in the Church and in today's society that it is possible to live communion among differences. (LD/SL) (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2012)
- 2015-10-09 - Scalabrini Fest 2015: migration characterizes the history of humanity
- 2015-03-06 - "Witnesses of Christ": new edition of the German martyrology of the twentieth century with 60 missionaries killed
- 2014-12-19 - The Star Singers want to "ensure healthy nutrition for children in the Philippines and around the world"
- 2014-10-11 - Newness of the Blessed Scalabrini in the Migration world today
- 2013-12-18 - EUROPE/GERMANY – From the Star Singers: "a blessing for refugee children in Malawi and around the world"
- 2013-10-14 - Syrian Refugees in the Benedictine abbey of Weingarten
- 2013-10-09 - "Exodus for Peace": The Contribution of the Scalabrini Family on a journey with migrants and refugees
- 2012-12-20 - From the Star Singers: a blessing for Tanzania
- 2012-10-10 - Experience communion among differences is possible if we remain in Christ, as the branches and the vine
- 2011-12-21 - "Knock on doors, insist on your rights": 54th Campaign of the Star Singers (Sternsinger) who have chosen Nicaragua as this year’s symbol country